Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 12, 2024

Just Because

Happy second Monday of the month everyone! It's time for D in the IDEAS program developed by Darnell (djkardkreations); D is for dies. You can see her two beautiful cards for this week's diecut adventure HERE. For my project I used a Spellbinders set that I bought last year but hadn't had a chance to try yet:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Neenah Solar White;
Betterpress Porcelain; Recollections greens; many scraps
Dies - Spellbinders Four Petal Thank You Floral,
Pressplate with die - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Other - Hero Arts Key Lime Ink; Betterpress Black ink;
foam tape

I've mentioned this before, but I like to transfer my die sets onto magnet sheets after purchase. As Tim Holtz recommends, I use the flexible vent covers that you can find at Home Depot. They cut easily and are thin but sturdy; I glue them to the cardstock packaging. Hadn't "processed" the Four Petal Thank You Floral set yet so as I peeled each die off the packaging, I die cut it from various scraps (I have a ton!). Then I placed the die on the magnetic sheet. The floral arrangment leaves were cut from scraps of a Core'dinations plaid on used on previous cards (HERE & HERE); I love the color variations! The extra leaves by the white flower were from a scrap of lime cardstock.

I just purchased an Artsmith plastic paint palette at JoAnns that I started using to organize  diecuts piece for assembly - very handy, especially for the little bits! Assembled the floral arrangement with the help of my palette & a pick-up tool. Glued the arrangement to a die cut label from the same Four Petal collection. Before assembly, I blended the white label with Key Lime ink. Next I die cut a background coverplate, also from the Four Petal collection. Assembled on an A2 card, popping up the label with foam tape. Found the perfect sized Betterpressed sentiment in my bits box, gave it a black shadow layer & popped it on with foam tape - done!

Here's a photo of my new palette with some diecuts left over from today's and yesterday's projects, plus something for future:


Since my floral set got first play today, I'll add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!



9 comments:

Greta said...

So pretty and a good idea for keeping the pieces handy and not lost!

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly charming, Linda!

Dawn T said...

What a fabulous card and love the idea of using a large palette like this to help with keeping all the bits and pieces together.

papierelle said...

Just beautiful!!!

Lin said...

This is lovely, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

Your card is so pretty. I love everything about it. those dies look like they have some tiny pieces so your organisation trick was a great idea. It is good that you have finally used that die set too. well done. I am slowly getting myself back on track after being away. It seems to take a while! xx

Cat Craig said...

A lovely card and some great tips too!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful floral design, Linda! Clever to use the palette to keep all the little die cut pieces corralled and ready to go.

Jean said...

A lovely card and how fun to see your little piece system, which looks terrific!