Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 5, 2024

Live in the Sunshine

Happy Monday, at least in this neck of the woods! Very gloomy, rainy day here - no time better to make a card! Blogging friend Hilary (Fiddling About) inspired me to play in the latest We Love Stamping Challenge - Focal Sentiment or Quote (or Anything Goes). I often use the AG theme but today I was intent on finding a nice quote and building a card around it. Here's what I created:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card; Neenah Solar White
Stamps - Technique Tuesday Bring on the Sun (retired);
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Lost Shadow,
Mermaid Lagoon, & Antique Linen
Other - Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
Hero Arts Creamsicle & Lemon Drop

I searched a couple of stamp boxes for a quote, finding one in a retired Technique Tuesday set by Ali Edwards (c2011). The July 2024 Hero Arts Studio card kit had the perfect images to use with the quote. I was also thinking of Darnell's (djkardkreations) IDEAS program - this week I = Ink. I did some basic ink blending with Distress Inks on a piece of Neenah, then added the stamping. Quick & easy. Final steps were to die cut my panel and add to an A2 card - done!

I'll add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65 too since my stamps got first play today. *Update - will also add my card to the current Time Out Challenge #269 (a trip to the beach screams Summer to me) with Kate's (Cards a la Kate) reminder. Funny because friend Greta (GG Creations) is on the DT so you'd think I'd play there more often & another friend Betty (created by bjk) is guest designer this month. Oh well, I have trouble keeping track of which challenge is doing what theme... Thanks for the inspiration on those challenges too!!

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!





16 comments:

Kate said...

Your focal sentiment is lovely and your scene is amazing Linda! It would be perfect for the current challenge at Time Out Challenges and we'd love to see you in our gallery! Hugs, Kate!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the scene you've created for that sentiment! Terrific card, Linda!

brenda said...

So pleased Hilary inspired you, it's lovely to have you join us at We Love Stamping challenge and with a delightfully peaceful beach scene.

B x

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment - perfect for me as I live in Cornwall with plenty of sea and wild air - although not so much sunshine but then can't have everything:-) Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping and using this months theme. Emmax

Dawn T said...

such a gorgeous scene to highlight an awesome sentiment.

papierelle said...

We're going on holiday soon and then we'll enjoy the beach just as much. We love walking on the beach. You've designed your card beautifully.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely summer scene.

Jean said...

Stunning! That's a favorite quote and stamp set of mine. (I've used that stamp many times.)

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful scene it looks so tranquil great images and colouring thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Arlene said...

Great background and the quote is perfect.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful beach scene. Perfect for all the challenges.

Kate said...

So glad you took my advice Linda - great to see you in the gallery at Time Out! Hugs, Kate!

Rosemary said...

Absolutely perfect card for the challenge, Linda! Perfect for so many occasions.

Greta said...

YAY--glad to see this sweet scene in our gallery at Time Out! Great quote and love the cute little silhouette of the girls!

Quillish said...

Wow, that quote and the sweet scene are just perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Time Out challenges :) Hugs ~ Ishani

HilaryJane said...

Hi Linda, I am very late to this one as it was posted while I was away with the grandkids. I am now reviewing the WLS gallery to think about my top picks and clicked on this image. How lovely that you have given me a shout out. Your beach scene is so lovely and the quote is perfect. I am glad I made it hear in the end xx