Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Honey Jar for Just Us Girls

Hi all - hope you're having a wonderful day! I'm here with a card for the current Just Us Girls Challenge #740 where they have a fabulous mood board.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; many scraps;
Core'dinations plaid; Paper Studio Holiday;
Dies - Spellbinders Honey Bee Jar (DOML-Jan24) &
My Favorite Things Flowers & Filler
Whimsy Stamps - Doodled Doily (retired)
Hot Foil Plate with die - Waffle Flower Classic Happy Birthday
Other - Hero Arts enamel dots; foam tape

Here's the mood board - so summery:


I was inspired by the sweet honey jar with the burlap topper in the middle right square. I couldn't find my burlap embossing folder but used a linen one, embossed vertically then horizontally, on my jar topper. Love the texture! Also used some string twine rather than the die cut bow I used on a previous jar card. When I made a Four Petal card earlier this week, I had some extra bits; you can see them in the photo of my organizational tray on that post. Started with those and changed up the arrangement using some diecuts from other brands. Of course I had to use the sweet bee that comes in the honey jar set. Assembled all the pieces.

The jar overwhelms an A2 card, I think, so I used an A7 card formed from green cardstock. Layered a piece of pink plaid patterned paper and added a "ground" with a doily for the jar to sit. Added the jar to the card using foam tape. I had Betterpressed a few of the WF Happy Birthday hot foil plate when I made Darnell's bday card so I used one here.

I'll also add my card to Snippets Playground Challenge #486 since I used many scraps to die cut elements of my jar. Here's a photo of some of my snippets:


I'll also link up to Tic Tac Toe Challenge #254 where I used the right vertical column with patterned paper, dry embossing & blue.

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!




10 comments:

Di said...

A stunning card Linda - I really love that you used so many varied snippets. That really is one very special jar of honey!

Hugs
Di xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pretty summer scene you created inside that fabulous jar! Wonderful card, Linda. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Dawn T said...

Stunning card Linda. Love the whole design. It is a goregous summery card.

Sarn said...

A BEE-utiful card Linda.
Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Rosemary said...

What a bright and pretty card, Linda! Love your interpretation of the mood board.

HilaryJane said...

More little tiny die cuts but they look fabulous, I love the colours and that jar. I do admire your patience with them. If it was me I would lose a key piece! What a great way to add texture too xx

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh that looks like a lot of work, but your sweet scene is worth it.

Bobby said...

I love all your flowers inside the Honey jar, Linda. I think the bee loves them too. So creative of you to use the embossing folder you had to make texture on the jar topper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Greta said...

Love your jar topper for this great card!

Jean said...

Great use of the mood board!