Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Coffee Makes Everything Better

Hi there - hope you're enjoying the weekend! Last night I was multi-tasking again, watching the Twins play the Rangers and watching Craft Roulette Episode #228 live. Managed to finish my card after the show but waited to post until today. I prefer not to post twice in one day, unless absolutely necessary...

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; Hero Arts Eggplant;
Craft Consortium Retro Summer;
Lawn Fawn All the Dots & Summertime
Stamps - Hero Arts A Little, My Week, & 
Calendar Pieces (all retired); 
Inkadinkado Special Thoughts (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Square Infinity Dies
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

Last week people uploaded 426 projects to the challenge for a total of 40,328! The show has been going since 2020 after Covid hit but I just started participating earlier this year. This week host Mary Gunn FUNN had Irene Smith (@ArtemisMade1as her guest. The wheel wasn't too hard on us.


  • Project - Card with Squares: I made a 5" square card with a square patterned layer, plus an inchie.
  • Colors - Bee Garden: According to scientists, bees love purple, violet & blue.
  • Element - Monday: I stamped a little tab with the word Monday.
  • Random - Use a Marker(s): No brainer, I used Copics :)

What to do with Monday? I googled Monday quotes because people in the chat were talking "Manic Monday" & the like. I found one at Reader's Digest: 55 Monday Motivation Quotes (#18) that says - “May your coffee be strong and your Mondays be short.” —Unknown. That lead me to a coffee theme with an old Hero Arts label & a Java inchie. After stamping, I colored in the label and the inchie with various Copics; fussy cut the label & die cut the inchie.

Want to play along? It's open to the general public, just with a shorter window to submit. Go HERE for details.

That's it for today! I'm meeting my sister-in-law for crafty shopping at Anchor Paper, our favorite local store. This time I actually need supplies - I'm hoping they have long cutting plates for the Vagabond there. Pray that I don't buy too much else - I'm expecting a couple packages next week from online orders...

Thanks for visiting & happy crafting!!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute mix of elements, Linda! I like the sweet polka dot paper in the background. Cute card. Sounds like a fun crafty outing, hope those $$$s don't add up too much for you!

HilaryJane said...

You are very good at these. I know I would find it impossible and just have no ideas at all. love the colours and the spotty look xx

Trina P. said...

How cute! Must admit, I would have never used blue/purple for the bee garden parameter.

Greta said...

Happy shopping! I'd buy a lot more if I still had the local stores, so guess it's good I don't--haha! Love your card!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Linda. You did so well with the parameters. Hope you managed to find the long plates... and didn't spend too much. I know I always get carried away when I'm in a physical craft store!

papierelle said...

You are so diligent and I can't keep up with the comments. Maybe I need more coffee? .. LOL*

Jean said...

Some really fun stamps for this card - and I totally agree on the sentiment!

Rosemary said...

Fun mix of elements, Linda! Another fabulous take on the challenge parameters.