Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 30, 2024

Inspired by Bobby at Just Us Girls!

TGIF everyone! Just a quick post this morning with a card I finished for the current Just Us Girls Challenge #742 to CASE one of the design team members. Here's my card inspired by Bobby's beautiful card!


Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz watercolor; Poptone Black;
Spellbinders A2 card & Betterpress porcelain
Stamps - Hero Arts Elegant Weeds (c2011 retired)
Press plate w/dies - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Other - Faded Jeans & Blueprint Sketch Distress Stains; 
Betterpress Costal Ink; foam tape; 
Ranger Seafoam white ep; Versamark ink

I was drawn to the white embossed weeds and deep blues on Bobby's card. I stamped and white embossed using a retired Hero Arts weeds set onto watercolor paper. My weeds didn't emboss as crisply as I would've liked, oh well.

Next I swiped Distress Stains over the paper - loved this look! Spritzed it a bit for some water droplets, dried it & then die cut with a stitched rectangle. Adhered to an A2 card & finished it off with a Betterpressed sentiment from the bits box. Quick & easy!

That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with the last-of-the-month post for Die Cut Divas. We have embossing for our August Challenge & would love to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!

9 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Very nice, I love that carefree looking background!

HilaryJane said...

I love that look too. What a great card xx

Jean said...

A wonderful technique for a striking card!

Rosemary said...

Very pretty CASE of Bobbi's card, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty CASE of Bobby's card, Linda! So happy to spot your fabulous card in our JUGs gallery!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

A wonderful CASE of Bobby's card. Your background is beautiful and because it is so perfectly imperfect, the shite embossing looks great with it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls.

cm said...

Your case of Bobby's card is absolutely beautiful! Thrilled that you joined us at Just Us Girls!
~carol

Trina P. said...

BLUE-tiful CASE of Bobby’s card. The vibrant blue is striking.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome CASE of Bobby’s card. Your blue background is so pretty. Thanks for joining in JUGS.