Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Another Birthday Alpaca!

Hello & welcome! How's your weekend going? I'm resting up from the chorus retreat and watching the last day of the Olympics, plus Twins baseball. 

Thought I'd fit a card into my day for two challenges: Day of the Month Card Club #66 - Alpaca Day and Seize the Birthday #289 - Cute Critters. Here's my creation:


Supplies: Paper - Recollections A2 card; 
Neenah Solar White; Tim Holtz Jewel cardstock;
Doodlebug Sugar Shoppe; many scraps
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Birthday
Dies - Marianne Design Eline's Alpaca;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips
Other - Copic Markers C2, C00 for shading;
preprinted sentiment strip (brand unk); foam tape

I was lucky enough to get an alpaca die set from friend Gundi (papierelle) for my birthday last year - perfect for this challenge, plus it's the only alpaca item I own!! Thanks again Gundi!! You can see a previous card I made for Craft Roulette with this set HEREGundi is on the DT at DotMCC and friend Hilary (Fiddling About) is guesting this month. Thanks for the inspiration!!

I simply die cut and assembled the alpaca, shading a bit with Copics. Isn't he the cutest?? Added to a die cut rectangle & onto an A2 card with some Doodlebug papers. The two sentiment strips were in my bits box. I liked using the Spanish one since alpacas come from South America. I think my baby sister will get a kick out of this for her birthday. We both speak some Spanish & often use it in our conversations.

For a change I'm actually using the "Topping" at Seize the Birthday. I usually just take the Anything Goes option. Friend Darnell (djkardkreations) is a Surprise Party Guest and inspired me to play along. Plus I know a couple of the DT from my Merry Monday Challenge (no longer with us) days. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Nothing else for today - hope you enjoy your week! Thanks for visiting!!



11 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute die-cut Alpaca and colourful papers.
Carol x

Rosemary said...

Super cute birthday card, Linda. That alpaca is so fun!

Lisa Elton said...

A retreat, sports and card making, you've been busy! Your card is just about as cut and festive as it gets, Linda. Love it!

Dawn T said...

How adorable Linda. Such a cute image

Jean said...

That's one cute alpaca! I like how the patterned paper and alpaca's blanket match!

Cat Craig said...

this is a fun and celebratory card. sweet alpaca and those tiny balloons rock!

Greta said...

Adorable card! Glad you get to watch your baseball team again. My brother was a huge baseball fan and passed that down to my nephews.

papierelle said...

I love this little cute alpaca and your cheerful colorful card. It fits perfect to the alpaca!! Glad you joined us at DotMCC again!! Gundi

Nancy said...

That Alpaca just makes me smile. Love the mix of papers and the pretty colors. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday and for using our Topping.

Glenda J said...

Your alpaca is so terrific! Love it! Also love the bright colours you chose. Thanks for playing along with the topping at Seize the Birthday.

JoAnn said...

Love your card with that cute Alpaca. The bright papers and colors look great. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday