Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 19, 2024

More Orange and Yellow

Happy Monday everyone!! Since it's the third Monday of the month, Darnell (djkardkreations) and her IDEAS program participants are using E for embossing (wet or dry). I had the heat tool out for an upcoming Die Cut Diva post so went with wet embossing:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White;
Paper Studio pastel A2 card; My Mind's Eye patterned
Stamps - Penny Black Soft Wings & Eloquence
Dies - Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/4 & Easy Strips 1/8
Other - Hero Arts Lemon Drop, Creamscicle & Pitch Black inks; 
Memento Tangelo ink; clear embossing powder;
Versamark ink

I decided to combine this theme with a couple of challenges & use up leftover Kaleidoscope strips from previous cards. Check out the current Group of Seven Cardmakers technique post to learn more. Since my strips were Orange & Yellow, I made another card for Color Hues #93. I chose a beautiful butterfly from Penny Black as my focal point so it work for the August Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes (optional flowers).

I stamped and embossed the butterfly, then blended yellow & orange inks onto it. I've owned the stamp since 2012 & don't believe the coordinating die existed at that time. Didn't buy it later so I had to fussy cutting the image. Added it to a card onto which I'd arranged some patterned strips in the Kaleidoscope fashion. Stamped a sentiment from a PB clear set & left the rest plain. My card will go to a chorus friend who contracted Covid while on vacation - she's doing better after taking Paxlovid.

Speaking of plain, here's a bonus. I did a diagonal Kaleidoscope pattern on a second card and added a foiled sentiment (hard to photograph) from Memory Box (thanks Dave!). Simon Says Stamp has them - Happy Birthday Foil Greetings Black Circle Tabs. That uses up the strips I'd die cut.




That's it for today, friends. Chorus is singing at a senior's complex tonight so I'd better start organizing things. Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!





12 comments:

Loll said...

Two more amazing cards using your lovely strips, Linda!! That butterfly is GORGEOUS! xx

HilaryJane said...

Those strips have worked really well. I am glad to see you have used them up. What a stunning butterfly too. The strips work so well behind it and I love that you did the sentiment in orange too xx

Lisa Elton said...

Looks at you go combining those challenges beautifully, Linda! Both cards are fantastic!

Jean said...

That paper is a wonderful addition to both cards. And both have wonderful designs!

Karen said...

Such lovely cards! That butterfly makes a fabulous statement! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

wienerhoneymooners said...

STUNNING card!!

Dawn T said...

what stunning cards Linda. The way you've the stripes is amazing.

Darnell said...

I love your designs using the kaleidoscope method, Linda! Your embossed butterfly makes a beautiful focal point on your get well card for your friend and I love the diagonal composition with the simple circle sediment! Thank you for joining me for both this week's I.D.E.A.S. embossing and our Go7 this month! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

I struggle with the colour orange, so it’s so impressive how you came up with TWO! Great cards.

Rosemary said...

Another beautiful set of cards using that fun technique, Linda. Love the one with the big, bold butterfly!

Greta said...

Good for you using up all the leftover strips! Both cards are beautiful, but I especially love the look of that gorgeous butterfly!

Julie B said...

Love your butterfly over those leftover strips Linda, such a happy and summery car, thanks for joining us at Color Hues too. I noticed in your bio that you are a Barber-shopper, as is my daughter and hopefully she will be able to be in Denver next year with her group, if her head will give her time off to travel across the pond!