Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 24, 2024

A Faux Envelope Card for Craft Roulette 229

Welcome everyone - yay, it's the weekend!! I spent an enjoyable Friday night watching Craft Roulette Episode #229 live on my laptop while checking the Twins game on Apple TV - gotta love multiple devices! Sadly, the Twins lost to the Cardinals but we have another opportunity to best them tonight... Since I was multitasking, I didn't finish my card until after the live show ended.

Here's my card for CR#229:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; 
scraps; an old envelope
Stamps with dies - Sunny Studio Heart Bouquet (dies HERE)
Dies - Spellbinders Layered Mix & Match Sentiments (DOM-Sep21);
My Favorite Things Blueprints 26 (bow)
Other - Copic Markers

Mary Gunn FUNN had Karen Burniston (@KarenBurniston) as her guest. Karen is well known in the crafting world for her pop-up dies & she used some during the show. The wheel spun some interesting parameters this week - can you guess just from looking at my card? Here they are:


  • Project - Faux Envelope: I made an envelope into an A2 card.
  • Colors - Berries: I used blues, reds & purples from various berries.
  • Element - Strings: Image has strings; also strings on inside.
  • Random - Overlap: Envelope flap overlaps onto the card base.

To make the envelope card, I trimmed the sides and bottom of a real envelope to the size of an A2 card. Setting the envelope back's bottom piece aside, I glued a piece of patterned cardstock on the inside part of the envelope front. Next I glued the back's bottom over the patterned paper, just along the sides and bottom, leaving an opening. 

Next I die cut a tag and stamped the sentiment, added some string & popped it into the envelope. Then I worked on my balloons. The balloon die doesn't include the strings so I stamped the balloon image (that includes the strings) and added the string tails, then fussy cut it. Stamped the balloon again, used the die & colored with Copics. Glued the die cut over the fussy cut balloons with the strings. Added them to the flap with the strings dangling as the overlap. Decided to do a layered birthday sentiment so die cut the words and outline, assembled & added to the card. 

Here's a view of the envelope card open with the tag pulled up. The tag fits inside perfectly to close the envelope and, since it's A2 sized, it'll fit into an A2 envelope! This is my first time using the balloon set - got it when Sunny Studio last sponsored Die Cut Divas - so cute, isn't it?!


Additional Supplies: Paper - scraps;
Doodlebug Design Sweet Things patterned
Dies - Sunny Studio Mini Mat & Tag 3
Stamps - Sunny Studio Inside Greetings Birthday

Since my balloons got first play today, I'll add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65. I'll also play at Seize the Birthday #290 using the Anything Goes option.

That's it for today, friends. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!




11 comments:

Jean said...

What a fun roulette! I'm amazed at your ability to multi-task! And Karen sounds like a terrific guest.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Linda. You have nailed it.

Gail L said...

That is so great!
Bright and cheerful!

HilaryJane said...

that's a very clever way to use up an old envelope. great idea and I love the result xx

Lisa Elton said...

Cute idea, this is fun!

Rosemary said...

A fun, creative and very clever take on the challenge, Linda!

Arlene said...

I love that heart balloon set. Marvelous colors too. Great creativity cutting a real envelope to meet the parameters. Love it.

Linda said...

Linda, pretty pink envelope card with the lovely colored balloons. Nice to see you in the gallery. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Trina P. said...

Adorable. Nailed it again. I think these parameters were the easiest I’ve seen to date for CR.

Nancy said...

I love that you decorated the envelope too. The balloon bunch is wonderfully done. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

JulieP said...

This is such a clever design!!! So fun and love the inside. Had to chuckle at your opening though...I grew up in IL about 3 hours from St.Louis so they'll always be my team. (I'm only 30 min from their spring training site now.)