Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 26, 2024

An Anything Goes Monday!

Happy Monday friends! I'm playing today with Darnell's (djkardkreations) IDEAS program where on the 4th Monday of the month Anything Goes!! You can see her beautiful inspiration HERE. I'd been working on another card using some PFS washi so decided to finish it this morning:


Supplies: Paper - Recollections A2 card; scraps;
Neenah Solar White; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain;
Washi - Pinkfresh Studio English Garden
Dies - Pinkfresh Studio English Garden &
Folk Edge Rectangles 
Press Plate w/Die - Spellbinders You are Everything Sentiments
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz Cobblestone 3D

I mentioned back in July that I'd found the PFS English Garden still available at my local store and finally dove in (see a card with the stamps & stencils HERE). It's retired at PFS but I see Frantic Stamper still has the stamps & dies HERE

I'd added the washi to a piece of Neenah & cut a bunch of pieces & made a birthday card which I'll share next. The floral clusters above were leftovers. If desired, you can see a card HERE made with some English Garden washi pieces that Lisa (My Paper Tales) sent me last year; she enabled me!

The washi pieces were sitting atop a piece of cardstock I'd embossed with the TH Cobblestone folder. I wanted to cut it down with the Folk Edge die which flattened the 3D texture but I didn't really care. I could've re-embossed it but I was too lazy! You can see the 3D texture on the next card.


This card went to my sister Tami who has a bday this week. The die cut birthday and the printed HAPPY were in my sentiments box - brand unknown.

I'm entering card one in the August Pinkfresh Studio Challenge to use washi. You don't have to use the colors in their photo; that's one option.

That's it for today - thanks for visiting!! Hope you have a crafty Monday & if interested, check out our Die Cut Diva August Challenge where our theme is embossing!




9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Another pretty set of cards, Linda. The washi images are so lovely!

Arlene said...

I would never have known that was Washi tape. Just lovely cards.

HilaryJane said...

What great use of those washi tape images. love the embossed backgrounds too xx

Lisa Elton said...

Haha, happy to enable you, Linda! Your results are fabulous. I like the cobblestone embossing. It's the perfect pairing for those English Garden goodies. Wonderful cards!

Jean said...

Lovely cards that work wonderfully for your challenges!

Lin said...

Love that cobblestone as a background with the pretty posies, Linda!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful twofers with the washi tapes. Love that cobblestone EF.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. I love this washi. Both cards are awesome

papierelle said...

Both cards are amazing, well done!!!