Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Inspired by Lisa of My Paper Tales!

Happy Tuesday everyone! When I saw Lisa's (My Paper Tales) gorgeous card for the current Just Us Girls Challenge CASE a Design Team Member, I just had to play along!! You see, she used the beautiful English Garden washi from Pinkfresh Studio. I was the lucky recipient of some cuts from this washi back in June - thanks, Lisa!! I see it's not on the PFS website right now, nor could I find it on other sites I visit - so I'm doubly lucky. Sorry it has taken me so long to make use of them but it's perfect timing!

Supplies: Paper - A2 card from Spellbinders;
Stamps - Stampendous Laurel Burch Floral Reflections (retired 
but I see it HERE on eBay)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired)
Other - PFS English Garden Die cut washi courtesy of Lisa; foam tape

I die cut a pierced rectangle and adhered to a Spellbinders white A2 card (love the cards from their kits!). Figured out where I'd place the wreath and stamped the sentiment. Added the wreath & a couple extra flower clusters, plus a butterfly with foam tape. Adhered some leafy sprigs in two corners. I liked how Lisa's elements went off the edge of her background panel. She trimmed her's off but I left mine. I also like how she used a larger sentiment so I searched the stash for one that covered a lot of the circle within the wreath. Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa!! And thanks again for the washi cuts - I still have more for the future!!

That's it for today - thanks for visiting!!


14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You put those cuts to great use, Linda your card is beautiful! I love your layered wreath to bits. I might just have to CASE you! Thanks so much for picking my card to CASE and thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Jean said...

The sentiment is beautifully showcased with the cascade of blooms.

HilaryJane said...

What great use of that washi tape. Love the wreath and the cut out xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous end result! A Beautiful CASE of Lisa's card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Great CASE from Lisa’s card.

papierelle said...

Beautiful and the card looks really lively.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely!

Betty said...

absolutely beautiful, Linda - love the soft colors - wonderful!!!

ElizStewart said...

Linda... fabulous case of Lisa's card. LOVE IT. Another beautiful way to use die cut washi. Thank you for the inspiration. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

Carol said...

Gorgeous CASE of Lisa's card! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the details and design, Linda! You aced the challenge obviously! So thankful that you still visit my blog after all these years! Sending love and hugs!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is stunning Linda!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful take on Lisa's card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

How did I miss this one, Linda! It is so stunning and elegant looking. Don't you just love the Pinkfresh washi!