Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Christmas Tree Tag with Kitty

Hey there - very gloomy, rainy day here - perfect for crafting!

I'm back with my final entry for the special October Christmas Kickstart Challenge in memory of Janis Woolbright (Her Peaceful Garden). I made it to fit the the tic-tac-toe element that Gail (Crafty Nomad) added to Day 8 at CKC & that's my final entry there too.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Fluffy Stockings Stamp & Cut (retired)
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Oh Christmas Tree;
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
Recollections Christmas chipboard; Luxury Ribbon; DMC gold floss

Here's Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe Board; I used the middle vertical column - ribbon, tag, gold.


I hadn't used the center vertical column in my previous cards so I thought I'd show it some love today. I started by die cutting a Christmas tree from TH gold kraft metallic cardstock. To make it a tag, I die cut a hole using the smallest HA infinity circle die (love, love, love this set!). The gorgeous silver ribbon came from one of my UK friends - sorry I forgot who, but thanks!

I wanted to use the cute kitty in stocking image from Hero Arts so colored one & thought about how to add it to the tree tag. While I was searching for ribbon, I found a package of fabulous glittery chipboard sentiments with a snowflake. Tried one and it fit perfectly on the tree & the kitty looked cute over the snowflake. Assembled and added to an A2 card with a bow made by piercing two holes and threading embroidery floss through them. The card base has script stamping but it's wiped off - the card is glossy and the ink never dried. I wiped it with a paper towel which left a very light & pretty texture that finally dried.

I figure the tree tag can be removed from the card and either used as a gift tag or a tree ornament. It'll go to a cat loving friend with an in-person delivery. That way I don't have to worry about putting the chipboard through the mail - it's pretty thick.


Thanks for stopping and happy crafting! I'm done with Christmas cards for a bit - need to work on October birthday cards next...





 

22 comments:

Deborah Hellman said...

Wonderful card

Jean said...

Great combination of colors and textures!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this little kitty in the stocking, so cute!

Rosemary said...

Sweet card, Linda! You sure have been busy creating wonderful cards.

mandysea said...

What a lovely tag/card, great idea to be able to dismount the tag and give another use for it. Love your little kitty image in the stocking - very cute! I've just done the centre vertical column too, never thought to use something else other than the usual tag shape so your tree is fabulous! A great design! Thanks for joining in at Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and for remembering Janis x

CinnamonSally said...

Such a sweet card Linda love all the layers.

Suzanne H said...

Love that glittery paper! This is a fabulous card. Thanks so much for joining in at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Helpful Hopper-Suzanne

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is such a beautiful card, but it's also adorable because of the kitty! Your colouring is beautiful, and I adore the die-cuts you used, and of course the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Kickstart's Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge as well as Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! Happy Friday, and have a great weekend!

Betty said...

your sweet kitty in the stocking is so adorable! and thanks for the suggestion to enter my wreath card in the DCD challenge - I have become so lazy in doing challenges lately!

HilaryJane said...

Great card. I am pleased to hear you say you are done with Christmas cards for a bit as you have been putting me to shame. I haven't made many yet, but I have done my October birthdays. It is my busiest month for birthdays xx

Becca Yahrling said...

I love all the fun layers of cuteness in your adorable card. Kitty is darling. And I love all the sparkle.

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute and beautifully made! Love the addition of the snowflake behind the cute little furball!
xEllie hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Dawn T said...

just fabulous Linda. Another sweet Kitty card.

papierelle said...

It's always cute to see cats hiding in something. And you can wait for Santa Claus in a Christmas stocking.

Trina P. said...

Very cute, hoping to participate soon.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card with tag! Love all the layers and the sparkling that enhance the kitty in the stocking! How cute!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh, I just adore your sweet little kitty in the stocking! Such an awesome card! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your card on The Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge!

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet idea to have that 'tag' element as a tree ornament! I would certainly do that and I'd enjoy seeing it year after year on the tree. So glad you've joined us so many times at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge where we're remembering our dear friend Janis, hugs, Jo x

Carole J said...

A beautiful tag card with this lovely kitty peeking out front the stocking. Thank you, Linda, for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

Fikreta said...

So beautiful

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room šŸ±

Essie said...

That little kitty is so adorable! thanks so much for joining us for our Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero!

k said...

Hi Linda, such a sweet card. Love how festive and cute it is. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.