Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Happy Fall Y'all & Die Cut Stickers Galore!!

Happy Fall Y'all - I was inspired by Lisa (My Paper Tales) to create a fall card for the current Just Us Girls Challenge. Ina from their DT has chosen a gorgeous fall color palette & mood board with rich fall leaves - love it!! 

Supplies: Paper - Just Stamp on It A2 card;
scraps of white & of a rusty patterned paper (I think
 it's from a fall pad I got at Target years ago);
unk brand of vanilla cardstock
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Embossing FolderCascading Leaves and Stripes
Dies - My Favorite Things Bitty Fall Leaves'
Inks - Various Hero Arts & Tim Holtz DOI



My Spellbinders box always comes late in the month of issue, then it takes me a while to use it. The JUGs Challenge was the perfect time to pull out the Cascading Leaves and Stripes embossing folder from September. I die cut a rectangle from a vanilla-y yellow paper to approximate the lightest of the color palette, then sponged the rest of the colors (as close as I could come to them with the inks I have with me). The sweet little leaves came from the MFT September release - just got those in my mail last week.

I'll add this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my ef and leaf dies are newly used today. I haven't played at the Snippets Playground in quite a while but they're doing anything goes and all my leaves and the sentiment were cut from snippets (I've shown my box of snippets in the past - take a look HERE if you'd like; it's even fuller now!!).

Next I'm sharing some quick and easy Christmas cards using some 3D stickers.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 cards & Vintage Christmas;
Authentique A Magical Christmas
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Oval Infinity Dies;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Jolee's Santa stickers; 
ephemera from Spellbinders Nov 2020 card kit

Last week I ran to grab a coffee and visit the post office (OMG - the gorgeous new Christmas postage stamps!!). Michael's craft store wasn't too far from there so I popped in. I wanted to add a few quick musical note stickers to some pre-printed chorus cards and knew they'd have some (yes!). 

As I'm trudging through the meandering check-out lane (designed to tempt you with extra stuff to buy), I spotted a four bin rack of sticker packs - 99 cents each!! We're talking good Thickers, Jolee and others - wow! Besides the Santa ones I used here, I picked up some Thicker alphabet stickers and some kitties. I limited myself to 6 sets otherwise I would've pawed through the bins for hours - LOL. Maybe your store has a similar discount bin, if not - so sorry!

On card one - I just die cut a rectangle and some ovals, added to an A2 card and popped on the stickers. Found an ephemera ticket & sentiment - done! On card two - I hand cut a snowbank and added some glitter to the edge (hard to see in photo). Adhered to a patterned A2 card and applied the stickers - even quicker and easier than card one!! Yay - a couple more for the stash.

Thanks for stopping &, as always, happy crafting!!



12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous autumnal card, love that embossing folder and the inking. your Christmas cards are great fun, love all the little details. It is always nice to find a bargain too xx

Trina P. said...

Just visited Lisa and I can see how her cards inspired your lovely autumn card. The Christmas cards are cute and festive.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy and honored that I inspired you to play along, Linda! I love your delightful fall card. You've captured Ina's colors beautifully in your background. Thanks so much for joining us this week! You thicker sticker cards are oodles of fun. I've haven't been to Michael's in a long time. I need to get there!

Gail said...

Gorgeous fall card!
The Christmas cards are bright and fun!

Dawn T said...

OMG - that Autumn card is so special. The colours are perfect and match the mood board so well.
Love those two Christmas cards. Don't you love stickers and ephemera for quick but pretty cards. They are gorgeous.

papierelle said...

You captured Golden Autumn perfectly and your Christmas cards are funny!!!

Sarn said...

Two lovely cards.
Thanks for entering the first one into the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for refreshments at break time! xxx

Carol said...

What an awesome fall card with the embossed background leaves and the gently falling ones in front! Lisa is a very inspiring cardmaker and this week is no different. Pretty way to use our colors this week at Just Us Girls! Thanks for joining us!

Jean said...

Two terrific cards! I have some Jolee stickers I have never used because I just like looking at them!

Rosemary said...

Fun set of Christmas cards, Linda. Those stickers are so cute! Love the inkblending on your fall inspired card. So pretty.

Julia Aston said...

What lovely falling leaves over the inked embossed panel - and those dimensional stickers are just SO CUTE for Christmas cards!! Julia xx

Di said...

Great work there with the snippets! Such a lovely Fall card too!

Hugs
Di xx