Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Two Kitties with Tree

Hey everyone - hope you enjoyed World Card Making Day yesterday! After finishing and posting my cards, I had some chorus work to do - auditioning people for our front row ensemble. Took about three hours, including set up & take down. Very fun to see new people trying out!

I'm back again with another card for the October Christmas Kickstart Challenge remembering Janis Woolbright (Her Peaceful Garden). Today my card has a kitty duo - one mischievous & the other calm. My kitties loved sitting under my Christmas tree every year - once they matured, they ignored the ornaments. As kittens, though, they especially loved those cheap satin covered baubles, batting them around the room like crazy!!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
American Crafts Heidi Swapp Christmas 2015
Stamps - Hero Arts I Love My Cat (2009 retired),
Laughter & Joy (2011 retired)
Fluffy Stocking Stamp & Cut (2015 retired)
Dies A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Other - Copic Marker; Hero Arts clear sparkle lacquer; 
Park Lane star; foam tape; Hero Arts Cherry ink;
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

I pulled out some old faves from Hero Arts - the cat set is totally non-Christmas but I made it fit! The cute tree is from a set gifted to me by long-time Hero Arts group friend Jean (Right as Rain) - thanks again, Jean! I stamped the tree on a dot stitched rectangle & colored with Copics. Added sparkle lacquer to the baubles. Stamped the sentiment & adhered a woodgrain strip for the floor. Added the panel to an A2 card. Stamped & colored the kitties and added to the card with foam tape - done!

I'm also sharing my kitty card at Show Us Your Pussy Cats Furrything Goes Challenge & at the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge where the theme is Holiday! Celebrate!

That's it for today, friends. Thanks for visiting!!





22 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

So nice to see you again at Christmas Kickstart's Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge! This is so adorable, but I think that spotted kitty is being a bit naughty trying to reach the ornament, while the white kitty patiently waits for Santa to arrive with her toys, so precious! I hope you'll be back again with more adorable Christmas kitty cards!

Lisa Elton said...

This is an adorable card, Linda!

Arlene said...

I can't believe you have this many cat images and each card is darling.

papierelle said...

Your kitties are so cute and your card turned out adorable again.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, so happy to see you here again! Another gorgeous card - I do love that sweet scene and a memory of my cats batting the shatterproof baubles around the lounge has now resurfaced! If only they'd just batted the shatterproof ornaments! Thanks for playing along at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge where we remember our friend Janis again, Jo x

Becca Yahrling said...

The spotted kitty is so cute - I think she's helping put on the last bauble ... or maybe Kitty is right & she's being naughty! lol Either way, your scene is so cute and I love the sentiment (I used it, too).

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable scene! Very playful. And thanks for your sweet shout out.

Pia S said...

This is a sweet card and I love how i seems one of the cats is reaching for a bauble to play with. We used to have cats when I lived together with my parents and sisters, some of the cats certainly just could not leave those ornaments alone...

Rosemary said...

you sure are knocking the cat inspired holiday cards out of the park, linda. this one is no exception. too cute!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Linda, Your card is adorable! I think it captures the Kitty Christmas spirit!
One kitty wants to climb the tree, and the other wants to take a relaxing cat nap! Awesome coloring! Your card makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at the Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. You really have outdone yourself with all your kitty cards. These two kittens are too cute.

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute Christmas card Linda.

Deborah Hellman said...

Wonderful card and challenge.

Suzanne H said...

My cats love to sit under the tree too! I've been very lucky and none of my cats have show a great interest in the tree. I do only hang non-breakable things close to the bottom, just in case! Lovely card and thanks for joining in at Christmas Kickstart Cat Lovers Challenge - Helpful Hopper Suzanne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card with those two kitties, one naughty and one nice! My six cats are all naughty, so I think Santa will not come here -LOL!!

ionabunny said...

Oooh a naughty and a nice kitty. What a fun christmas card. Hugz

Carole J said...

Totally adorable, Linda! I can see the mischief in the spotted kittens eyes - she's hoping the bauble lands on her kitty sister and wakes her up! Thank you, again, for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

HilaryJane said...

I am loving all the kitty cards. I wonder how many more there will be before the month is out? xx

mandysea said...

What a wonderful story told in your card! The two little kitties remind me of mine - one naughty and would ride the tree to the ground and the other sleeps right through it being rather a yawn! Love the images used and fabulous colouring! Thanks for taking part in Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and remembering Janis

Ellibelle said...

Another adorable card Linda, such a sweet scene!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Fikreta said...

It's so adorable card!

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

Kate Deignan said...

So adorable! Thanks for entering the Stay Crafty Challenge!