Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 23, 2023

Happy Birthday Dad with a Fun Tool Caddy Card!

Hey friends - we celebrated my dad's birthday this weekend - 92 years young! Here's the card I made him featuring new goodies from My Favorite Things:

Supplies: Paper - various scraps;
Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Stock; Paper Studio Wood Cardstock
Dies - My Favorite Things Cool Caddy
In the Toolbox Set 1 and Set 2
Tim Holtz Sizzix Sidekick Starter Kit (numbers)
Stamps - My Favorite Things Tool Talk
Other - Michael's Recollection bday sticker

Isn't this just the cutest little box card? The tools look so realistic! I added the age #s to the paint brush and used a strip sentiment from the coordinating Tool Talk stamp set. A pre-fab dimensional sticker finished the sentiment. I put a rectangle on the caddy's back with the bday message. I cut two of the handle for strength - just glued the center as you can see from the top view.

Here are a couple more views (folded flat & from top):




Here's a photo of Dad & me with him holding his card:


My sister-in-law made the cake - it's called Wacky Cake & tastes delicious!! Donna doesn't frost it because my Dad loves to plop Cool Whip on top. We had a game of Phase 10 which Donna won this time, although Dad was a close second. My brother and I trailed by a lot, oh well. 

I'll add this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since all my tool caddy stuff was used for the first time here. I bought the entire bundle so there are dies to do a craft caddy too - so fun!!

Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!


8 comments:

Jean said...

Happy Birthday to your father! Wonderful card and that cake looks yummy.

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Birthday to your dad, he looks great! And so does the adorable card you made him. Sounds like a fun day!

Dawn T said...

A beautiful box card Linda. Your Dad looks amazing for 92. What a great day for you all to celebrate together.

papierelle said...

At first glance the tools look really real!!! And congratulations to your dad. Honestly, he doesn't look 92, he seems much younger. Do you also like playing Phase 10? We love this game too!!!

HilaryJane said...

Happy birthday to your dad, that's a very impressive number. What a gorgeous box card and very appropriate for a man who love diy xx

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous card for your dad! and wow, 92 years young. that is quite an acheivement. love wacky cakes. they are so moist and delicious!

Julia Aston said...

Wow! Happy 92nd to your dad - he looks GREAT!!! What a fun tool box you made - love all the tools - they look so real - and they are actually IN a box! Julia xx

Virginia L. said...

Happy Belated 92nd birthday to your Dad! He is looking so well and healthy! Your tool box card is definitely perfect for this special occasion!