Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 30, 2023

Joy Cup and Cozy Cup!

I'm baaaack! As promised I'm sharing a holiday to-go cup card for the current Just Us Girls Challenge where they're doing clean and simple (CAS) with a center focal point. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
scrap of red (Bazzill, I think)
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tags (retired)
Dies - Kat Scrappiness Joy Shadow Sentiment
Other - Mark Richards Nailheads (berries);
Paper Studio Christmas Mini Epoxy Sticker (on O);
Copic Marker BG0000


When I made yesterday's card for JUGS, I considered using the Hero Arts holiday to-go cup set. Instead I went with one of their mittens set first but couldn't resist going back to the to-go cup idea. I stamped & die cut both cups from the set - one with whipped cream and one with a lid. The whipped cream drink is a Frappuccino - I like the Vanilla bean one with added Java Chips from Starbucks! Die cut the sentiment with shadow and assembled, adding a poinsettia sticker to the O. Stamped & die cut the holly and used red nailhead stickers for the berries. Arranged the cup on a top-fold A2 card made with Neenah, popping up the sentiment with foam tape - done.

Hero Arts released the to-go cup stamp set in 2015 and I just had to have it, along with the coordinating dies. I'm embarrassed to confess that today's card was its first use - shame on me!! I remember reading someplace recently that you should always lift the stamps from the acetate when you first get them. Sooooo true!! I had to be extra careful peeling these neglected stamps from their packaging!! Luckily they survived intact.

I'll also add this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge & to the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero where they're doing Holiday cards.

Next, a twofer - I finished the other cup card, adding a doily behind it (cut from the Elizabeth Craft Small Doilies set). I did the sentiment on the cup cozy for this lidded cup, figuring it's a hot drink. The sentiment was embellished with a couple more enamel stickers from Hobby Lobby.


Yay - two more cards for the Christmas stash! I'll be back tomorrow with the end-of-the-month Die Cut Divas so I hope you'll return. Our October Challenge ends tomorrow at 9pm Pacific Time - we're doing layered die cuts this month with Birch Press Design as our sponsor. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!! 



14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS cards,love both the coffee cups and die-cut doily.
Carol x

Lin said...

I've always admired these sets, Linda, and you've shown them off perfectly! Nicely done!

Jean said...

Terrific takes with the sets! Both cards work nicely with the CAS challenge.

Rosemary said...

Another fabulous set of cards, Linda. Those to go Christmas cups are so fun!

HilaryJane said...

Loved the mittens yesterday and now I love the cups today. well done for finally using those stamps and for successfully getting them off the acetate sheet xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun coffee cups! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Trina P. said...

A couple of cute coffee cup cards. You may want to keep these supplies out as the Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is starting this Friday. 😉 http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2023/10/coming-soon/

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have you joining us a JUGs, Linda your card is cute!

Nancy said...

I think about Coffee morning noon and night so these cards certainly appeal to me! Both are as darling as can be! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls for CAS Week!

Carol said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but I do (often) order a steamed apple juice with chai syrup and enjoy it in a red cup this time of year! It brings me JOY like your cute cup, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!!!!!

papierelle said...

Two more beautifully designed CAS cards!!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love these! Thanks for joining in with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Holiday challenge!

Essie said...

Great cards! thanks so much for joining us for our Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero!

Jeanne H said...

Really fun and festive coffee cup cards. Well designed, my friend.