Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Anniversary and New Baby

Hi all - I'm back to share an anniversary card and a card welcoming my newest cousin. First, the card I sent to friends Heather (stamping and stitching) and Philip, celebrating 29 yrs of wedded bliss. They have received it and were pleased with it - yay!

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts layering paper (retired);
Neenah Classic Crest Solar white: 
Scraps of yellow and black
Dies - Hero Arts Sept 2023 MMH kit (sold out);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Creative Expressions Happy Anniversary
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Sept 2023 MMH kit
Stencils - Hero Arts Sept 2023 MMH kit
Other - white gel pen; foam tape

Here's a graphic of the sold out premium kit's contents:


I die cut a stitched rectangle & then die cut the set's fall window into it. Next I used the inks in the kit to stencil the window & sponged the edges too. Adhered to an A2 card. Then I stamped, die cut and colored the critter couple to resemble foxes. Popped them onto the card and added a layered sentiment. I chose the guitar playing critter since Philip plays guitar and the Heather critter is enjoying it!

I'll add this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my MMH kit got first play here.

Earlier this month my cousin (not sure how many times "removed" in that geneology stuff) brought his wife & sweet little newborn to visit my dad and me. We took turns holding baby Parker - he's so tiny at two months old; he was light as a feather!  We have photos but are keeping them private...

I made this card (sorry for the poor photo) for the happy family. They didn't open the envelope while here and I haven't heard if they liked it... 

Supplies: Paper - Authentique patterned;
various scraps; A2 card
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Small Doilies;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Stamps - Hero Arts CL662 New Baby (c2013-retired)
Other - B Copics for shading; foam tape

I love the little bear image! No dies for these old stamps so I fussy cut the bear and baby carriage. Stamped the sentiment and rounded the corners with a punch. Die cut a background & a doily and assembled - done!

That's it for today, friends. Please check back on Saturday if you'd like some inspiration to join in our Die Cut Diva October Challenge. Happy crafting!


9 comments:

Dawn T said...

two gorgeous cards. Just love that anniversary card - cute as critters! And what an adorable baby card.

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Linda. I love the autumnal scene on the anniversary card and the baby card is so cute. xx

papierelle said...

It's a really cheerful autumn card!!! Love it!!

CinnamonSally said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda, the anniversary card is so cute and i love the Autumnal colours. sweet little baby card too.

HilaryJane said...

Love the happy autumn feel of your anniversary card and your baby card is so cute. Of course they liked it xx

Trina P. said...

Two sweet cards! Love HA window fancy die series and your Autumn card is a beauty. Congratulations on your new addition to the family… perfect baby card.

Lisa Elton said...

Two delightful cards, Linda! Congrats to your newest cousin!

Jean said...

An adorable combination of elements for the anniversary card - lots of wonderful layers! Fun baby card - I like the mat with the background paper to highlight the pram and bear.

Rosemary said...

Another fabulous set of cards, Linda. The Hero Arts die is so pretty and you have colored it so perfectly. The baby card is adorable and I know the new parents loved it!