Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Stitched Mushrooms with Fairy

Happy weekend! I spent several hours yesterday working on a project for the current Day of the Month Card Club where they're celebrating National Mushroom Day. I haven't participated there in a while but my friend Gundi (papierelle) inspired me to join in with this beauty. Here's my take on the challenge:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Various scraps of kraft, green, orange & red
Stamps - Hero Arts Apr 2016 My Monthly Hero kit (retired)
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Mushroom Harvest
Dies - Spellbinders Enchanted Stitched Mushrooms;
Hero Arts Apr 2016 My Monthly Hero kit (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer;
DMC embroidery floss (732, 817, 841,3341);
foam tape; white gel pen

The September Spellbinders box had a gorgeous 3D embossing folder featuring mushrooms & the mushroom stitching dies. I was eager to use them & thought the fairy and frame from a fave My Monthly Hero kit would coordinate nicely. Process:
  1. Die cut all mushroom elements and stitched where indicated, then assembled. 
  2. Embossed an A2 panel with the mushroom ef & adhered to an A2 card. 
  3. Die cut the MMH frame, inked the edges & popped onto the card with foam tape. 
  4. Added the mushrooms with foam tape where needed. 
  5. Stamped, die cut and colored the fairy and added her to the scene.
  6. Stamped & die cut the sentiment (with extra cuts for thickness & shadow).
  7. Added sentiment near the mushrooms.
I finished the card this morning by chosing a sentiment. Finally decided that this would be the perfect birthday card for a friend who likes stitching on cards. Since my mushroom ef and dies are newly used, I'm also adding this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty weekend!




8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

This card is definitely a labour of love. Isn't it fabulous? Love the mushrooms with their stitching and all that dimension xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous card and stitched mushrooms,great background die and embossing too
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Day of the Month Club
Carol GDT x

Jean said...

The texture and details on your card are amazing! Wonderful take on the club theme.

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Linda. Super cute and so much amazing texture.

papierelle said...

Beautiful mushrooms and the little fairy turns your card into something magical. I am very happy that you are showing this card at DotMCC.

Rosemary said...

Love those cute stitched mushrooms, Linda. What a fun, fun card!

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely beautiful ! Love all the elements of this card. Gorgeous design and colours. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at DotMCC.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a magical card!