Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Happy Halloween Birthday!

Hey friends - I don't make many Halloween cards but I have a friend with a Halloween birthday & family who loves Halloween so I usually create a few. My friend Denise and I went to high school together, plus marched in Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps in our youth. I used a fun TE haunted house die along with some old Hero Arts Halloween stamps.


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Hero Arts Pitch Black;
Scraps of orange, white and green
Stamps - Paper Smooches All Year Cheer (nib)
Hero Arts Color Layering Moonlit Night, Owl-oween, & 
Frightful (all retired)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Haunted Mansion
Other - glitter gel pen

I started with a lilac A2 card and inked the upper edges and corners with Black Soot Distress ink. The house die takes up most of the card but I squeezed in a stamped witch flying across the moon. Stamped and fussy cut the ghosts, pumpkin, and spider. Popped the ghosts into their windows & backed them with some scraps of green watercolor paper. I stamped the kitty before adhering that panel behind its window. I used two Paper Smooches sentiments, adding the Birthday after the Happy Halloween, then fussy cutting. I glittered the pumpkin, kitty eyes and ghost eyes with a gel pen. 

I made three other Halloween cards using the same basic design with some variations & without the "birthday" - ha, ha. For example, I left the spider off the card for my brother and his wife. Donna hates spiders and calls for my brother to take care of any that she sees - LOL. Another card featured some added bats. I forgot to take photos of those cards - oh well...

I'll send this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since the haunted house die is new. I was also inspired by Bonnie (Stamping with Klass) to join the current Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge - their gorgeous mood board has a haunted house.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!


 



10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think your friend will enjoy this, Linda it's cute!

Jean said...

So much fun - it's spooky cute in all the right ways!

Lin said...

This is full of fun, Linda - love the colors and all the Halloween imagery!

Dawn T said...

Great idea for a Halloween birthday. Great card.

Diane said...

A cute and fabulous Halloween card that is surely to make the recipient smile!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

HilaryJane said...

Some lovely little details on this one. I am loving the witch on her broomstick xx

Rosemary said...

this is my kind of halloween card, linda. super fun and so very cute!

Virginia L. said...

Sweet take on the challenges, Linda! Love your attentions to details!

papierelle said...

Such sweet ghosts might also haunt our house.

Betty said...

what a fun halloween/birthday card - love those little ghosties peeking out!