Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Star Flowers Birthday and a Bonus!

Hi friends - Happy Halloween!! It's the last day for our October Die Cut Diva Challenge and I'm part of the end-of-month team post. Our sponsor Birch Press Design has such wonderful layered die sets and we had such fun with them! Thanks to BPD for providing a $20 gift card to their store for our random winner!

Here's my card for today:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side;
Hero Arts Arctic; scraps of yellow and green
Stamps - My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Basics
Dies - Birch Press Design Star Flowers Contour Layers,
Other - sparkle gold gel pen; foam tape



This summer my favorite local craft store had a sale on BPD, Poppystamps & Memory Box so I bought some of each! This is my first time playing with the Star Flowers and the stems from the Delicate Floral Buds set - so cheery! Thought I'd use them  on a bday card for my cousin Debi. Just die cut and assemble - easy peesy! Since I was just using the birthday word from the set, I stamped a bitty HAPPY on a scrap and adhered it to the b. I added some gold glitter gel to the flower centers - done!

Now for a bonus using a single star flower and a stem. Keeping it clean and simple, I adhered the flower, a "ground" diecut using MFT and another BPD layered sentiment Handwritten Just a Note and Outline.


If you'd like to see another design using the Star Flowers, check out this beauty by teamie Dawn (Dawn's World). I loved her clusters of the flowers in opposite corners! Since my Star Flowers are getting first play, I'll add card one to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge.

That's it for today - hope to see you in the October Diva gallery by 9p PST today! Have fun trick-or-treating!!



12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. I'm loving this die set. Love your pretty yellow flowers... remind me of daisies.

Rosmarie said...

Awww, these are such beautiful and bright cards, Linda! Love the sunny star flowers! Rosi x

Viv said...

Fab die set Linda and 2 lovely cards!

Jean said...

Two terrific cheery cards with the set! Happy Halloween!

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the sunny star flowers.
Carol x

Arlene said...

Such sunny cards for approaching into winter here in the Northern hemisphere - maybe you'll keep all the gloomy skies away! I do love these cards.

Cat Craig said...

Loving those colors and bright happy cards, Linda.

HilaryJane said...

Such a cheery little card. Thanks for bringing a smile my way with this one xx

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific flowers dies! Two wonderful cards, Linda!

papierelle said...

Really beautiful flower cards!!!

Rosemary said...

both cards are just lovely, linda!

Trina P. said...

Adorable and very cheery indeed.