Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Happy World Card Making Day!

Hi crafty friends - it's World Card Making Day - yay! Time to celebrate with our fellow crafters around the world sharing handmade cards!! Today I have another card for the October Christmas Kickstart Challenge remembering Janis Woolbright (Her Peaceful Garden). Janis was a sweet cat lover who passed away in January. Of course, we're featuring cats!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; BoBunny Joyful Christmas;
Paper Studio Vintage Christmas; scraps of red & green;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
American Crafts Heidi Swapp Christmas 2015
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Kit-tea Stamp & Cut &
Dies - Birch Press Design Jolly Holly Contour Layers;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Elizabeth Craft Designs Small Doilies
Other - Copic Marker; Hero Arts clear lacquer; foam tape

I just love this little HA kitty in a tea cup image (see a twofer with it HERE)! I stamped and die cut the image, paper-pieced the cup with some Christmas paper & colored the kitty with Copics. I built my card from there - finding some background papers and die cuts to fill in. I recently got the BPD holly set and am using for the first time today. It's a layering die (which we're using at Die Cut Divas this month) but I only used the base layers here. Yay - another Christmas card for the stash!

I'm also sharing my kitty card at Show Us Your Pussy Cats Furrything Goes Challenge which is coordinating with CKC this month & at Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my holly dies are getting first play today.  And finally to the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge where the theme is Holiday! Celebrate!

And here's a quick & easy card using ephemera from the Spellbinders November 2020 kit (ok, I'm slow - most of it is still in the box!):


That's it for today. Thanks for visiting & have a crafty World Card Making Day!!






22 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another gorgeous kitty card! I love him (or her) in that cup. I volunteer at a cat rescue and I love giving the kittens little boxes to play in. This image reminds me so much of when I do this! I love your other creation too. I must remember to link to NBUS too and I'm using a few new items myself this month. Thanks so much for joining our tribute challenge in memory of our dear friend Janis, Jo x

!neke said...

Love this card !!!!!
Groeten Ineke

HilaryJane said...

I love how you have made that kitten in a cup a Christmas card. It works brilliantly xx

Lisa Elton said...

Adorable Christmas card, Linda!

Jean said...

Such a sweet kitty card. And your other card is a great way to use that 2020 kit!

Dawn T said...

Your kitty is adorable. The design on your card is wonderful. And great work to use up some of that old ephemera! Happy World card making day

CinnamonSally said...

Two great cards Linda and I love your sweet kitty one, perfect for the challenge.

papierelle said...

I love the sweet image of the kitty and your card is amazing!!!

Suzanne H said...

Super sweet! I love this little kitty. Thanks so much for joining in at Christmas Kickstart Cat Lovers Hop. Helpful Hopper - Suzanne

KT Fit Kitty said...

Happy World Card Making Day to you! Lovely paper-piecing on the cup, and adorable colouring of the kitty! I like your holly and doily die-cuts too! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge! I hope you'll come back again with some more adorable Christmas kitty cards! Your fawn card is gorgeous too!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

The paper pieced cup is so pretty! And I just love that kitty loves her coffee, too. hehe The red die cut doily is so pretty and works so purrfectly to balance everything. Beautiful card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute kitty in the cup! Beautiful paperpiecing and design! I'm hopping from the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Love the deer card too!

Arlene said...

You have been super busy. I love all the cards.

Rosemary said...

that little kitty in the teacup is so cute, linda. wonderful set of cards.

Carole J said...

Super sweet Kitty in a tea cup and you made an ordinary stamp Christmassy by adding holly paper piecing to the tea cup - such a clever idea.
Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

Deborah Hellman said...

Wonderful card and challenge.

ionabunny said...

Your little kitty in a cup is so sweet. And I like the deer and wreathe card too. Hugz

mandysea said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the layering and the adding of foliage! Kitty looks sooo very comfortable in its little cup!

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful cards, Linda. Especially loving that adorable cat card, how sweet!!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Fikreta said...

So lovely card!
Your card with emphera is so nice.

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

Barbara said...

This is so cute. I have this set and I hadn't considered it as a holiday card, but now thanks to your inspiration I will .

Kate Deignan said...

Lovely card! Thanks for entering the Stay Crafty Challenge!