Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Laurel Burch Christmas Kitty

Hey cat loving friends - I'm back with yet another kitty card for the special October Christmas Kickstart Challenge in memory of Janis Woolbright (Her Peaceful Garden). I created it, though, with the tic-tac-toe element Gail (Crafty Nomad) has added to Day 8 at CKC. We can enter these cards at the main challenge too, where this card would be #4 of a possible 6. Gail will take up to 3 cards at her challenge so I should be able to squeeze 2 more into both!

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card, Vintage Christmas,
& Glitter cardstock; scraps of red & green for the present;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Hero Arts Pitch Black
Stamps with dies - Laurel Burch Indigo Cats Cling Set
(I don't see the dies at LB - I got them back in 2017 at Stampendous)
Stamps - Hero Arts PSST! (2012-retired-speech bubble),
Fluffy Stockings Stamp Cut (2015-retired-sentiment) &
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Oh Christmas Tree;
Embossing Folder - Darice Cats
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape;
Hero Arts clear and sparkle lacquers, Cherry Ink

Here's Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe Board; I used the left side vertical, plus the right side vertical - wow!


Oh how I love Laurel Burch designs - I have tote bags, jewelry, knick-knacks, you name it. And stamps too - a wonderful set with Stampendous from 2017; you can see another card with it HERE. One friend commented after my first three kitty cards that she couldn't believe how much kitty stuff I have. LOL, that's just the tip of the iceberg, as they say. I have TONS!!!

I started by stamping a piece of red striped paper with my new Jingle Bells cling background using Cherry ink. Then I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and embossed the cat background. You can see the card I made for Janis HERE after she sent me the ef - shows more of the ef pattern. Added the rectangle & a piece of glittery ground to an A2 card. Stamped, die cut & colored kitty. Added lacquer to his eyes and sparkle lacquer to the red triangles on his body. Die cut and assembled some ECD presents. Stamped the sentiment in a speech bubble and fussy cut - assembled the card elements & done! 

I'll also add this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my Jingle Bell background stamp is getting first play today & to Fiki's Show Us Your Pussy Cats Furrything Goes Challenge.

That's all I've got today - time to rest up after last night's chorus rehearsal. We are doing a Jingle & Mingle which involves inviting any community women singers to come in for 7 weeks of rehearsals to sing 2 songs with us on our winter show 12/2 - no auditions or membership required. We had 13 guests attend the kick-off; it was so fun, plus we had treats - yay!

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!



20 comments:

Jean said...

I am a huge Laurel Burch fan. I had a set of her cat coffee mugs in the 1970s. Great card!

Deborah Hellman said...

Great card and challenge

ionabunny said...

Ooh your green kitty rocks. Yes LB cats are so cool. Love that embossing folder you used too and the lovely burgundy looks fab behind the bright kitty. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Janis' tribute tic tac toe challenge. Hugz

Lisa Elton said...

Love that your turned this kitty into a Christmas cat! Cute card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Linda. What a stunning cat stamp

CinnamonSally said...

Love this Linda, your cat is so cute.

papierelle said...

She really dressed festively!!!

mandysea said...

Totally Love Laurel Burch designs too! I've made a quilt out of her kitty fabric.. so cool! My eye went straight to your card - gorgeous colour, love the embossed background too!

Carole J said...

I'm a big fan of Laurel Burch too! Your card is brilliant - I love everything about it. Thank you for your 4th entry in the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. Looking forward to seeing what come s next :) x

Suzanne H said...

I have that stamp set out on my desk to use today! It's just too cute and I don't take it out often enough. Thanks for joining in the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Helpful Hopper - Suzanne

HilaryJane said...

Love it, who would have thought of a green cat, but it works. Well done xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh this is wonderful! I remember the Laurel Burch stamps and I think I may even have a couple; haven't used them in a long time. What a great opportunity to dust them off! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the little speech bubble and sentiment! I just noticed the embossing folder and love that too! Thanks so much for joining us again at Christmas Kickstart - Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love Laurel Burch designs - Janis did, too. And even tho you colored the kitty in red & green, it works purrrfectly with LB designs! This is so fun.

Rosemary said...

Fun design, Linda. So enjoy seeing all the great cat themed cards you have been creating!

Ellibelle said...

An absolutely beautiful cat image and gorgeous creation!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Linda, I love the Laurel Burch cats - we don't see her designs often enough these days. I love the striking colour palette you've chosen. I'm so happy to see you here at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge where we're remembering Janis, Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I too love Laurel Burch cats. I have a journal gifted to me by my niece, but sadly no one stamp. Your card is a delight, love the colours you used! Great textures and dimensions! (You could enter your card also at Allsorts challenge that this week has the "Add Texture" theme or AG)

Crafting With Jack said...

Great card with a cute kitty. Love the idea of “Jingle and Mingle”. I love to sing.

Bunny said...

I don't own any Laurel Burch stamps yet I love them. This cat has such a great face. Love the embossing and your cute card. [Bunny]

Fikreta said...

It's wonderful card.

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱