Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 2, 2023

September 2023 Card Chain Reveal

Hello friends - we're revealing cards that went round the world for the September Card Chain Challenge. Twenty-nine people participated and you can see the full reveal HERE. My card went to sweet Jeanne (Cards by Jeanne H), just a few suburbs away from me in the Twin Cities MN.

Supplies: Paper - Recollections Coffee & Cream;
Sunny Studio Critter Country; BoBunny Dotted;
Strathmore Cold Press watercolor paper;
Target Hot Spot Fall from years ago
Dies - Hero Arts Autumn Leaves;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 23 (retired)
Stamps - Joy Clair Designs Thankful for You
Other - Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso & 
Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks;
Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer Mist; DoCraft gems;
Ranger clear embossing powder; Darice sequin;
Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink

We could use any/all of the following for our card design:


Color Palette Option

Sketch Option


Theme Options: Foxes / Autumn / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Foil / Fancy Fold

Once again I've used multiple options: Colors/Sketch/Themes - Autumn & Friendship. I decided to skip the foiling and fancy fold techniques this time. I made this a 5" square card and layered the sky blue and leaf patterned sunset papers atop. Stamped & embossed the sentiment and then, to make it stand out a bit against the pattern, I rubbed some white ink over it with a Q-tip, then cleaned the embossing - really liked how that turned out!! I didn't have the right color enamel dots so I went with gems. I die cut the scalloped strips and adhered to the card and topped with my leaf. For the leaf, I blended Ripe Persimmon DI on watercolor paper, then die cut and inked the edges with Vintage Photo. Next I spritzed with shimmer mist and let dry. Added a copper sequin and popped the leaf onto the scalloped strips with a bit of foam tape - done. This turned out just like I planned - doesn't happen often...

Since Jeanne lives so close, whenever I get to send a card to her, I like to deliver my card in person. This time I picked her up at her place & we headed to our favorite local stamping store, Anchor Paper. Found some great bargains, then grabbed lunch at Arbys. Fun times with Jeanne and here's a photo of her holding her card:


My September card came from dear Jo (Jo's Blogs) in the UK. I just love her sweet fox floating among the clouds!! I swear if weren't for Jo and her Christmas Kickstart Challenge, I wouldn't get any Christmas cards made - thanks Jo!


Want to join in for October? Go HERE for details and to sign up by 10/6/23.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!!


9 comments:

Jean said...

Wonderful fall-themed card and how fun to have a photo of the card and its recepient!

Pia S said...

The colors look wonderful together. A warm and beautiful autumn card with a rustic feel.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful Autumn themed card,love the colours and die-cut leaf-love the cute floating Fox in the card from Jo too
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

How amazing that you can deliver your card in person, that's so nice. Thanks for sharing the picture too. Love your autumnal colours xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh how fun to hand deliver your Card Chain card Linda! Nothing like craft shopping and then having lunch with a crafting friend either! Plus-Plus!! Wonderful use of the colors on your card - I just LOVE that light blue with the foliage orange! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty fall card you created for Jeanne! How fun that she got it special delivery!

papierelle said...

A really nice implementation of the sketch!!
And how practical, first you save a stamp and then you have so much fun in the craft store and in the restaurant!!!

Rosemary said...

Lovely fall inspired card, Linda. So fun that your card was going to your friend who lives close to you and you were able to get together!

Arlene said...

WOW, I love the colors and you nailed the sketch and made it your own, something I always have trouble with. I love the card.