Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Four Cards with Spellbinders Four Petal Sweet Flowers

Hi all - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I'm sharing some cards with Spellbinders products that I purchased after attending an online Spellbinders/Altenew event in February. You can see my versions of the event cards HERE. Today I'm finally getting around to using a stamp set and label dies from the Spellbinders Four Petal Collection - first up, a shaped card I sent to a chorus friend who had knee surgery on last Monday (she's doing great):

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Turquoise A2 card
Stamps - Spellbinders Four Petal Sweet Day Flowers;
Hero Arts retired sentiment
Dies - Spellbinders Four Petal Labels
Other - Copic Markers

I die cut one of the labels twice from an A2 card. I meant to leave the fold on the left edge - oops, it cut through. Oh well, I just scored a hinge on the back label.... I stamped the floral image and colored with Copics. Added the sentiment and die cut the panel with a size smaller label than the card base. Assembled & done - very simple. I'll send this one to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since the Four Petal stamps and labels got first play here.

I had stamped/colored four white A2 panels with the floral image. I decided to make a couple October birthday cards with the second and third panel:


I cut a label from a black A2 panel. Used the negative for the card at left popped up with foam tape over a stamped A2 panel. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I saved the black label to use on card 4. For the card at right I used two labels to cut a frame. I added the frame to another floral panel that I'd trimmed to 4x5.25". Matted it with black and adhered to an A2 card. 

I cut the fourth floral panel with a label die and matted it with the black label saved from card two. Stamped a sentiment from a retired Hero Arts set. Keeping it simple, I mounted the stamped/matted label to an A2 card with foam tape.


That's it, friends! If you care to, let me know which one is your fave. Thanks for stopping by!!


10 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful cards Linda, such a pretty floral image xx

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is a lovely as the next, Linda and all fabulous!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful set of cards, all so beautifully coloured.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow these cards are stunning Linda, so bright and beautifully coloured.

Cat Craig said...

Fun shape, beautiful cluster, and your coloring is wonderful.

Jean said...

Lovely use of those products! You nicely showcased the variations of the four-leaf die.

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful shape and such a pretty flower stamp. I am going to put that one on my wish list. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful colouring too xx

Betty said...

lovely coloring, Linda - my fave is the one with the black card base!

Virginia L. said...

SO beautifully done, Linda! You make great cards with these Spellbinders goodies!

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful set of cards, Linda. The floral image is gorgeous, and you have colored it to perfection.