Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Poinsettia Slimline and a bonus!

Hello friends! Today I'm part of the last day of the month team at Die Cut Divas. We're providing last minute inspiration for our September Challenge - Anything Goes. The team used products by our sponsor Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD) but you can use any brand. Just be sure to use a die cut &/or embossing folder in your design!

Since I need Christmas cards, I went that route - using a fave ECD floral die set.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Arctic & a retired layering paper; 
Paper Studio Holiday;Tim Holtz kraft metallic; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - ECD Florals 12, Winter Greens, &
Slimline Background 1 from the Classic Christmas Special Kit
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Holiday Season Messages Bundle
Other - Paper Studio enamel dots; Memento Rubarb Stalk ink; Copic Marker BG01




Another simple card using amazing die sets - just cut & assemble! I alternated shades of red for my poinsettia layers and added an enamel dot in the centers. The pods were cut twice - once in gold metallic and once in arctic - I trimmed the pod portion to add to the stem after shading with a Copic. Stamped & die cut the sentiment - done!

When I did the bonus card for my September 21st post, I colored a stack of Santa heads. Decided to use one on today's bonus card, along with a doily cut from a new die set.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White:
Paper Studio Holiday; BoBunny Joyful Christmas
Stamps - ECD Santa Claus;
Dies - ECD Small Doilies & Santa Claus;
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

Another simple card to put together - I'll probably make more of these with the rest of my Santa heads. I just love the BoBunny 6x8 paper pad I used for the patterned papers - found it discounted at JoAnn so linked to it there. Since the doily die set is new, I'll link up to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge.

Threefer - I finished another Santa head card so I'll share it here. I used Vintage Christmas papers from Hobby Lobby with another HA sentiment from the Holiday Season Messages set.


That's it for today, friends. Thanks for stopping and I hope to see you in the September Diva Gallery by 9p Pacific Time!



10 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a fabulous set of Christmas cards Linda. That Santa is really fantastic. Makes gorgeous cards.

papierelle said...

Your slimline card is beautiful and a very friendly Santa Claus is looking at us from the other cards.

Cat Craig said...

I am most drawn to the color choices you made, they are quite lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

Your poinsettia card is fabulous, Linda and your Santa cards are quite jolly!

Jean said...

Just lovely! Your poinsettia trio is stunning! And the extra variations are fun to see.

HilaryJane said...

Lovely to see some more of those happy Santas. Your poinsettias are stunning, love that diecut background xx

Arlene said...

WOW! What can I say??? I love all your cards. Beautiful cards, ALL!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning cards! I'm always a bit dazzled when I visit your blog! Jo x

Trina P. said...

Pretty poinsettia and sweet Santa cards!

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of Christmas cards, Linda. Love the Santa you used for two of the cards. He has just the right amount of twinkle and jolly. The slimline with the poinsettias is so pretty.