Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Finch Greetings

Hi all - Today I'm playing with a new-to-me stamp set I picked up recently - part of the 2022 Hero Arts Holiday catalog but my cart was too full then. Couldn't resist adding it to the stash now - here's my take on Finch Greetings:

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Joyful Christmas;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps with Dies - Finch Greetings Bundle
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copics; white gel pen; foam tape; Hero Arts gems;
Versamark ink & Ranger Seafoam white ep

Another easy card - stamped, colored and die cut the birds; added white gel detail and glossified the berries. I tried to recreate the colors of the US Eastern Purple Finch (bit of a misnomer since the males are more reddish). Stamped and embossed the sentiment on a stitched rectangle. Assembled & done!

Since the finches are getting first play, I'll add to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge. I'm also adding them to the current We Love Stamping Challenge where Anything Goes with trees & or leaves. I feel bad I don't often get there since I know Hilary (fiddling about) from the DT. So here I am!



10 comments:

Jean said...

A beautiful set and your patterned paper is perfection!

Lisa Elton said...

They look so pretty on the green background! Wonderful card, Linda!

brenda said...

Your birds look lovely against the green backdrop, it really makes them pop. A perfect card for our Trees and Leaves theme at We Love Stamping challenge, many thanks for joining us.

B x

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Linda. Your birdies are so sweet.

Linby said...

This is just adorable.

Lin said...

Oh so pretty, Linda - a lovely bird set!

Cat Craig said...

perfectly perched birds and nicely laid out.

Rosemary said...

beautifully done, linda! the coloring is just amazing.

HilaryJane said...

Your finches are gorgeous and that lovely green makes a perfect background. I am sure you will be pleased that you purchased that set. Great to see you in the we love stamping gallery too. Thanks for joining us xx

Betty said...

wonderful card, Linda - your finches are beautiful - and so are the berries that you "glossified" - love new words like that:-)