Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Peeking Snowmen

Hi friends - I'm sharing a couple snowman cards today using a new Hero Arts die - Peeking Snowman. I was inspired by the September Christmas Kickstart Challenge theme - Chillin' with my Snowmies and picked up the snowman die set last Thursday at my local craft store. Soooo cute!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Hero Arts Pitch Black and Artic cardstock
Paper Studio A2 aqua card; Authentique Magical Christmas;
Dies - Hero Arts Peeking Snowman
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Seasonal Tree (sentiment)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; white gel pen;
Hero Arts pearls & lacquer (clear and sparkle)

Unlike other HA peeking dies, the snowman set has two separate hat options, plus a carrot nose die and holly die. I cut the body from white cardstock, plus black for the mittens and arctic for the scarf and hat band. I cut the nose and holly from white and colored with Copics, then cut the hat from black. Black pearls serve as the eyes. Added Copic shading to the snowman body, scarf & hat band and some white gel pen here and there. The dots on the scarf & holly leaves have sparkle lacquer & the berries have clear lacquer.

While I was die-cutting this morning, I cut a few more snowmen and finished one more card today. This time I used the other hat option, a cute stocking hat. The eyes are gems this time.

Additional Supplies:
Paper - Hero Arts Passion Flower;
My Mind's Eye Lime Twist
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Season Messages (sentiment)

Since my snowman die got first play today, I'm also adding card one to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge. Both of the sentiment stamps are new also - we'll be using those stamp sets for the upcoming Hero Arts Holiday 2023 Stamp-Along; can't wait!

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!



10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Ohhh that is super cute!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a double dose of cuteness, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Love both versions Linda. Such a cutie Snowmies! Of course the purple one really took my fancy!

Jean said...

Super cute takes on this die set! Love seeing two options.

Darnell said...

Ooooh, booy, I can feel my fingers itching to buy that adorable snowman die, Linda! What fun to play with the pieces and the coloring and then compose the card. I can see where this one could get addictive and productive, which is okay for Christmas! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Adorable twofers! I was planning to enter him in the CK challenge, but you beat me to it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ My set was literally just delivered to me an hour ago. He’s my favourite from the peeking collection.

HilaryJane said...

So cute, love the second one best. Amazing colours. great idea to supply 2 hata, uyou can have fun mixing and matching xx

Rosemary said...

super sweet cards, linda! the peeking snowman is so darn cute.

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! A great choice of dies and such effective cards using your cheery colour palettes. Beautiful work as always. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Kimberley and me, Jo x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the Peeking Snowman!!!

Yay! Loving this challenge, seeing so many AWESOME snowmen cards!!!
Thanks for joining in the challenge that I am guesting in this month with Dotty Jo at the Christmas Kickstart! -Kimberly Wiener