Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 22, 2023

Trio of wreath cards & a masculine bday card!

Hi all - TGIF!! My friend Linda & her hubby Brian celebrated their anniversary yesterday so I thought I'd post the card I sent them. It features a Hero Arts mini stamp set I've had for quite a while and hadn't used yet - past time, right?! They texted me a selfie holding the card - so cute.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Lawn Fawn Fruit Salad Petite
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; scrap of black
Stamps - Hero Arts Antique Bee
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Other - Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; 
Hero Arts sparkle lacquer; foam tape

Another simple card - stamped the wreath onto a stitched rectangle & colored with Copics. Stamped a bunch of bees on scrap cardstock, colored and fussy cut. My friends love bees (not my favorite insect, if you know me!) so I often include bees on their anniversary card. Die cut the layered sentiment and assembled with a gingham strip - done! Love, love, love this Lawn Fawn paper pad - you will see more of it on my cards!

While I was at it, I stamped two more wreaths and colored them in different schemes. I used sentiments from the stamp set, plus more of the bees. The bday card went to a chorus friend & the thank you card went to my friends Connie & Doug who took me out for lunch earlier this month.

 

Since my anniversary card has leaves, I'll add it to the current We Love Stamping Challenge. And since the stamp set was newly used, I'm also adding it to Darnell's current NBUS Challenge. Speaking of Darnell, her Mister celebrated a bday yesterday so I sent him this card using some August Hero Arts supplies:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Trail Map Bold Prints,
Dies - My Favorite Things Vanity License Plate
Poppystamps All Star Collage (bitty stars)
Other - Copic Markers; pre-printed sentiment strip (probably SSS);
VersaMark ink & white ep; Hero Arts Green Hills ink

I thought the California set would be perfect with the trail map and license plate. So fun for a guy!

That's it for today, friends - thanks for visiting & have a crafty weekend!!



10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

And a second entry this month. Thank you. Simple is often best in my view. This one is perfect and I love the strip of gingham behind the sentiment - great idea xx

Cat Craig said...

What a sweet design!

brenda said...

A lovely collection of cards and I especially like everything about the one for We Love Stamping, a wreath design always appeals and the gingham section adds to a lovely fresh feel. Lovely to see you at We Love Stamping again, many thanks.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Your card is a delightful one Linda - love the elegant design, and the personalised feature of the bees! Thank you for sharing t his with us at We Love Stamping and using the theme
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Dawn T said...

beautiful wreath cards Linda. Great design and a superb masculine birthday card.

Lisa Elton said...

You've been busy! These are all fantastic, Linda!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, love the wreath with the gingham border.

papierelle said...

You were very busy at your craft table. Unfortunately I can't comment on all the cards, but I've definitely looked at them. You never run out of ideas, very nice!!!

Jean said...

What a great set of cards. Your wreath design works well for easy variety! And the license plate card has many fantastic details.

Rosemary said...

oh those wreath cards as just so sweet, linda. the masculine birthday card is absolutely fabulous!