Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

A Bon bon Box plus a Bonus!

Hello there! I'm posting today at Die Cut Divas with inspiration for our September Challenge - Anything Goes. The team is using products by our sponsor Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD) but you can use any products desired. Just be sure to use a die cut &/or embossing folder in your design & you're good to go!

Given "Anything Goes", I decided to make a gift box using ECD's large Bon bon box die set.

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Star of Bethlehem & glitter cardstock;
Desert storm from Anchor Paper (for tag)
Stamps - Divinity Designs Mini Tag Sentiments
Other - May Arts craft twine; Hero Arts Navy ink; Copic Marker


Years ago ECD carried a small bon bon box, cut with one die, which I don't have. It was quite petite and couldn't hold much so they designed a larger one. You just need to die cut two box pieces & assemble. In her video tutorial, Els suggested cutting a square to put on the bottom. I added such a square (3.18") to the exterior bottom and also to the inside bottom to add strengh. 

Does my box paper look Christmasy? No, right?! It's from a Hobby Lobby brand pad that features Nativities, deserts and skies - so pretty! Then it has a couple of leafy patterns, like this one, that could work for any season. I decorated my box with a bow & tag; both dies are included in the large bon bon box die set. Very quick & easy! The glitter cardstock for the bow is white on the back so I used a blue Copic marker to color it before assembling.

Here are a few more views - open with a gift inside (a bracelet box), side, & front close-up.

 


Still with me? Now for a bonus - a Christmas card. I definitely need many more of these before the end of November!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White:
Hero Arts pine (retired); 
Hobby Lobby Christmas Bo-Ho-Ho (texty background);
My Mind's Eye Necessities 6x6 ("floor")
various scraps for presents & tinsel
Stamps - ECD Santa Claus
Hero Arts Peeking Snowman
Other - Jolee star; Copic Markers; foam tape

While preparing for this month with ECD, I bought some new goodies, including the Santa Claus stamp set along with coordinating dies. I just couldn't resist that cute old fashioned Santa face! I also picked up the journaling die set containing the Christmas tree, presents dies & more - always a great value. I thought it would be fun to have Santa peeking around the tree. I used a HA peeking snowman die to cut a body and stuck the Santa head (colored with Copics) over top of the snowman head! Oh, and I cut off the snowman's scarf tails and rearranged one arm so Santa could hold a present.

Since I used new stuff, I'll link up to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping and I hope to see you in the September Diva Gallery by 9/30/23 at 9p Pacific Time.



11 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Oh wow Linda I love your sweet bon bon gift box made with such pretty card. perfect for a little gift. Your Christmas card is so cute, love that cheery Santa.

Dawn T said...

Just a cute little box Linda. And love that Santa...so beautiful.

Lin said...

I love that blue print, Linda - and the bow is perfect!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet!

Jean said...

Two terrific projects - I have not seen some of the ECD products that you used. You have nicely showcased her products!

Arlene said...

Great job on coloring that bow so it was blue all the way around the ribbon. Love the card, especially using two different dies to make that cute Santa. You can't beat a peeking Santa.

Rosemary said...

super sweet little bon-bon box, linda! the card is so fun, too.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful box… love the colour. 💙 Your Santa card is so cute!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little treat box, Linda! Love the bow to bits. Your Santa card is adorable!

HilaryJane said...

That box looks great. What a lovely shape and your Christmas card makes me smile. That Santa looks so happy xx

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous gift box, I love everything about it. And the Christmas card so adorable!