Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 2, 2023

August 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hi all - time for another Card Chain Challenge Reveal. Thirty-two people participated in the August 2023 Chain & you can see the full reveal HERE. My card went to the talented Kath (Handmade by Kath) in the UK:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts & My Favorite Things;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Berry Basket Bundle
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectange Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired);
Other - Copic Markers; Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink; 
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder; Foam tape;
Hero Arts Cornflower ink, clear & sparkle lacquer

We had the following options in creating our card:

Color Palette Option

Sketch Option

Theme Options:  CAS / Fruit and/or Veg / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Vellum /Stencil

This time I skipped the color combo since I wanted to do berries and the kumquat didn't fit. I did use the greens, though, and the sketch option along with fruit and friendship.

My pale blue dot-stitched panel started plain but I added the tone-on-tone stamping after I'd embossed the three line sentiment. I got all these HA products in March along with that month's My Monthly Hero Kit. Finally got a chance to use them! While I was stamping and die cutting, I did a bunch more berries and some of the baskets & bows from the set. Here's a close-up of the berries which were colored with Copics and covered with clear or sparkle lacquer.


And here's a view of the inside which I'm trying to decorate more to match the card front.


This month I received a card from another Linda (Linda Grady), this one from Michigan. I just love her use of the color combo and the sweet little gnome with pumpkin!! Thanks Linda!


That's it for today, friends! If you'd like to participate in a fun, easy card exchange (make/send one card and receive one), check it out HERE by September 6th to play in the September exchange.

Thanks for visiting!!


13 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a lovely card Linda. Plus a beautiful card from the other Linda.

Dotty Jo said...

Super CCC card, Linda. Your attention to detail always makes your cards so special! Love the card you received too. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, and thank so much for posting my CKC badge on your sidebar, Jo x

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Linda!

Lin said...

Love your take on the sketch, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

Ylur shiny berries look good enough to eat, love it. Great card from Linda too xx

Julia Aston said...

a beautiful little cluster of fruit Linda and such a lovely friend sentiment! Your background coordinates beautifully and the little scalloped strip is a pretty touch outside and in! Julia xx

Rosemary said...

Your take on the sketch is just fabulous, Linda!

Imke said...

Linda, you did a great job with all the themes. Love your layout and these yummie fruits.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Arlene said...

Love the card and sentiment. Great take on that sketch.

Angelnorth said...

Love the selection of fruit in your cluster, beautifully coloured and composed Linda, great take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is berry sweet, Linda! So is the one you received!

Bastelmichaela said...

This s a beautiful card, Linda!

crafty-stamper said...

LOve your take on the sketch love all the fruit and stamped background.Love the cute gnome one you received too
Carol x