Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Warm Wishes Mittens

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm sharing a clean and simple (CAS) card for the current Just Us Girls Challenge. Be sure to check out the fabulous inspiration by the Design Team & guest. Here's my take:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Holiday Mittens (retired)
and Winter Hearth Stamp & Cut (sentiment)
Other - Copic Markers (BG000, BG01, BG49, R24, R29);
Hero Arts sparkle lacquer


I spent yesterday afternoon doing some crafty cleanup. All I had left was to vacuum up the die cut bits that had fallen onto the carpet. Then I spotted the new JUGS challenge & the cleanup was forgotten!

I had a holiday to-go cup set in mind but landed on the mitten set first as I was flipping through a Christmas box. Stamped and die cut the mittens, then colored with Copics. Added some sparkle to the snowflake. Stamped the sentiment and arranged the mittens on a top-fold A2 card made with Neenah, popping one mitten up with foam tape - done. This would be a great card for mass production! 

Thanks to the team at JUGS for a fun challenge! I'll be back tomorrow with the holiday to-go cups since I pulled out that set after finishing the mittens card. Thanks for visiting & happy crafting!!

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the little mittens.
Carol x

Dawn T said...

What a beauty Linda. I, too, get distracted when tidying up! Love what your distraction produced!

papierelle said...

Really beautiful CAS card!!!

Nancy said...

Darling CAS card. Love those mittens. Glad we could help impede on the cleanup duty! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

As I dust off my mittens this week to leave Florida for an outdoor wedding up north I enjoyed seeing your pretty ones in the center of your card!!! What a sweet and colorful little scene!!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous clean and simple design, Linda. Love those cute little mittens!

Trina P. said...

So warm and cozy. Another cute CAS card.

Lisa Elton said...

Spotted this in the JUGs gallery, it's adorable!!

Cat Craig said...

fabulous an on point for the challenge, Linda. (Got back Friday from several weeks in Utah visiting my family. Had 500+ blog visits to make, too overwhelming so I am starting over with a clean slate of visits today!)