Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Herbarium Layered Christmas

Hi friends - it's my day to post at Die Cut Divas! We're doing layered dies (be it a set or just your own layers) for our October Die Cut Diva Challenge. Birch Press Design has such wonderful layered die sets and the team is enjoying working with them this month. Thanks to BPD for providing a $20 gift card to their store for our random winner!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Hero Arts Pitch Black;
Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic
Michael's Recollections green glitter & red
Dies - Birch Press Design Herbarium Plate Layer Set &
Other - Recollections gems



I bought the Herbarium Plate Layer Set recently and was excited to use it today. I started with a minty green A2 card then die cut the 3 Herbarium layers in glitter green, white, and red. Assembled, then added some red gems for berries & a BPD Christmas sentiment. I layered the Merry Christmas (love BPD's Sugar Script sentiments!!) with a black shadow and stacked the outline for dimension as well as adding a gold shadow - layering at its most simple.

For my bonus this time, I'm sharing a card I made this summer for my adopt-a-member AJ. If you missed it, alumni from my drum corps days adopted current members (read more HERE). I haven't finished sharing the rest of the cards I made but I'll do that one of these days. One of them used a BPD layered set so I saved it to share on this post:

Supplies: Paper - various - can't remember brands
Dies - Birch Press Design Kinsley Heart Plate Layer Set
Other - Spellbinders ephemera from their June kit; Kaisercraft gems

I couldn't resist the Kinsley Heart set - so gorgeous! I searched my cardstock on hand & found some to coordinate with the Spellbinder's June ephemera. Die cut the 3 layers and adhered them. Added some gems and the ephemera - done! Maybe the birdie gets a bit lost but I didn't want to cover up any layered hearts - love, love, love them!!

Both cverplate die sets got first play here but I'll just add card one to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since I made it in October.

That's it for today - hope to see you in the October Diva gallery by 9p PST on Halloween 2023!



9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. Love the cover die set.

Cindy C. said...

Wow both look fabulous! Bravo!

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda! Birch Press does have some really beautiful layering dies if I do say so myself, lol!

Jean said...

Two terrific cards nicely showcasing the Birch Press dies!

HilaryJane said...

Your cards are beautiful. My favourite is the second one. I don't have any dies like that, they are so expensive, but I just realised that I have just made a card using layered flower dies. I must try to find time to add it to the linky. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

These layered dies create such beautiful cards Linda! Your first is SO Christmasy in the red and glittery green and the mix of 4 colors on the 2nd worked out so nicely! Julia xx

Arlene said...

Both cards are beautiful. I love what you did with them.

papierelle said...

That looks impressive!!