Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 2, 2023

October 2023 Card Chain Reveal!

Yikes - November already! Time to finalize those Christmas cards - but first, we're revealing cards that went 'round the world for the October Card Chain Challenge! Thirty-four people participated and you can see the full reveal HERE. My card went to Dagmara [(P)otworki] in Poland; she joined us starting in July & we're delighted to have her in the group! 

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Granite & Arctic;
Authentique & BoBunny (both pads retired)
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts From the Vault Home Scene (sentiment)
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Northern Lights Polar Bears Bundle;
My Favorite Things Playful Penguins (dies HERE)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
Other - Copic Markers (a few Ws, R20, & B0000);
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

We had the following options for creating our cards:

Color Palette Option


Sketch Option


Theme Options: Bears / Balloons / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Something Fluffy / Spotlight Stamping


I used the colors, sketch, & theme of bears, plus friendship on the inside. Just simple stamping & die cutting with some Copic shading but such a fun card to put together! I used a new Hero Arts set that will be part of the upcoming Hero Arts Holiday Stamp-Along. I had it in my mind to have the polar bears sitting on an ice floe - I just knew I had such a stamp somewhere in the stash. Didn't search long before I found one in the MFT box - yay!! Besides the friendship message on the inside of the card, I also stamped some of the Northern Lights from the polar bear set.


I received this gorgeous card from Viv (Viv's Visuals) in the UK. I just love the delicate lace & the spotlight on the stack of cups - stunning!!  Thanks Viv & for the beautiful cup die cuts & lace too!!


Interested in joining the Card Chain? You simply make and send one card, then receive one card - easy! Go HERE for details to sign up for the November Card Chain by 11/6/23.

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!


15 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Such a sweet trio of bears on this wonderful card!

Jean said...

Great job on a winter-themed card with the sketch and colors!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the p.papers and cute polat bear image,beautiful card from Viv too.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

Brilliant take on the sketch and use of those colours. What a lovely little polar bear family. I am sure Dagmara was very happy to receive it. Love Viv's card too especially the spotlight and the lace xx

Julia Aston said...

I just love your mix of patterns in the challenge colors Linda - what a sweet polar bear family sitting on the iceberg too! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute card! That trio of bears is so sweet!

Gail said...

Cozy trio of polar bears!
Good job with the colors and sketch!

Dawn T said...

Such a cute card Linda. Beautifully done.

papierelle said...

Wow, you have immediately implemented several requirements on your card. Great!!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, what a gorgeous card! Your cards always make me smile and this one really hits the spot with that little bear family. A super card from your sender too! Thanks for once again being a link in our chain of friendship and crafting, Jo x

Jules said...

Hi Linda

Great use of the sketch and you brought your options into the mix perfectly.

I have just seen the card that Viv made for you on her blog. Lucky you to have received it.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Imke said...

Linda, great take using the sketch and soft colors. Wonderful card for the CCCOct23.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Rosemary said...

always love seeing what you do with the colors and sketch for the card chain challenge linda. this one is absolutely adorable!

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, that turned out to be a beautiful card.
I think the polar bears are so cute.

Greta said...

I'm starting over with visiting blogs as I could never catch up. Thanks for all the sweet comments & well wishes. Your CCC card is adorable! Love that you used so many of the prompts!