Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Spacy Christmas

Hey everyone - it's been a while! Today I made a card for the November Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Jo and Elves from The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are doing an unusual Christmas theme using a meme with my favorite Star Trek character, Mr. Spock. My sisters love to call me Spock when I get too logical - LOL. I do adore that series and its many spin-offs so I created a Christmas decorating session in space. Here's my take on "It's Christmas, Jim, but not as we know it!"


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Hero Arts Pitch Black
Stamps - Hero Arts Sparkle Borders (c2015, retired);
Holly Berries Stamp & Cut XL (parts of sentiment)
Stamps with dies - Dec2022 My Monthly Hero Kit (sold out)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Hero Arts clear & sparkle lacquer and
Paper Studio star gems; Copic Markers; Black Soot DI

Here's a photo from the Hero Arts site of the 12/2022 MMH kit contents - such a fun one & a great value! I have made a few other cards with this kit (see them HERE and HERE if you're interested) but never a Christmas card! It was fun!!


I started with a panel of Neenah white and sprayed it with the 2-tone metallic spray. Then I ink blended Black Soot over any white left showing - looks like a galaxy, doesn't it?! Die cut with a stitched rectangle and added to an A2 card. Stamped and diecut the ladder & girl images, then colored with Copics. Added sparkle lacquer to the clouds and star.

Stamped and fussy cut the string of lights, then colored with Copics and added clear lacquer. Note, the string of lights stamp is a straight line but, being a flexible clear stamp, I curved it on the MISTI before stamping. Stamped and white embossed a mix of sentiment pieces, including one from the kit. Assembled all the elements and added some star gems - done!

I hope you enjoyed my spacy Christmas card! Perfect for my brother who has the entire Hallmark ornament series which plays the Star Trek "Mirror, Mirror" episode dialogue (a fave episode for both of us). If you love Star Trek, what is your favorite episode (original or any spin-off). I would be hard pressed to pick a single favorite but "Yesterday's Enterprise" (from TNG) ranks high on my list.

Thanks to Jo and Elves for a fun challenge & to you for visiting!! Have a crafty evening!!



13 comments:

Greta said...

Fun, creative card & so perfect for your brother!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute and very clever! Your brother will love it!

Dawn T said...

Just love this one Linda. Great take on the theme.

Dotty Jo said...

What a brilliant card - I love it and I'm sure your brother will too! Well, well, fancy you being a Trekkie too. I'm not sure I have a fav episode as so many of them are excellent. Your top pick is a a goody, and I have to admit a liking for The Trouble with Tribbles. A friend went to a convention and came back with a Tribble for me as he knew I liked that episode! I like Next gen too, but can take or leave the other spin offs. Thanks for playing with the sisters at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Jean said...

How fun and unusual! Great background for the cute characters.

I have a Trekkie brother as well. Hmmm...maybe the Tribbles episode.

Cat Craig said...

So creative and perfect for the Challenge Linda. Fun card.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant fun card,great background and love the images-sounds perfect for your brother.
Carol x

Rosemary said...

Absolutely fabulous take on the challenge inspiration, Linda! I wasn't too keen on the original Star Trek, but I am definitely a fan of Spock!

Trina P. said...

Cute and creative. Perfect for the challenge. Your brother will love it.

Chris Dring said...

Your brother is going to love this card! What a fantastic take on the theme! One of my all-time favorite Star Trek episodes is The Trouble with Tribbles! Thanks for joining in at Christmas Kickstart!

Arlene said...

Oh My Goodness - I LOVE this card. So cute and adorable and it fits perfectly with the CKC challenge. I'm glad you're getting lots of use out of that HA kit. Who would have thought of Christmas?

JulieP said...

Woohoo!!!! Another proud Trekkie! I absolutely LOVE this card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Jeanne H said...

Congrats on another win for your card and creativity.