Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 16, 2023

Kids among the Stars

Happy Monday everyone! I'm sharing a couple cards I made yesterday while on a Hero Arts Make-Along. Channin Pelletier did a LIVE using the December My Monthly Hero kit & I watched online and crafted along. You can see her card at the links above; I chose to use a different image from the kit for my first card.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Pitch Black;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps (with dies except for background & sentiment)
all from Hero Arts Dec 22 MMH kit
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; Versamark ink with white ep;
various water reactive inks, Distress & Hero Arts; foam tape

Process - Stamped the background cling stamp onto Neenah white using various inks; spritzed lightly with water & let dry. Die cut with rectangle and added to A2 card formed with black cardstock. Colored a few of the background stars with yellow Copics. Stamped and die cut images, then colored with Copics. Stamped and heat embossed sentiment using black cardstock, embossing ink and white ep, then fussy cut. Added colored images and sentiment to card - done!

Channin covered one card in the LIVE but I had started a different background beforehand, then finished it & made a card afterwards. I used the new stencil, Nebula Cluster, from the December add-ons. This time I used the little girl on a star that Channin used, along with a planet & a die cut rocket. Hard to see the texture of the paste and the shimmer from the mist but it's very pretty in real life.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Pitch Black; TH kraft metallic;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; scraps of yellow & red
Stamps (with dies except for sentiment)
all from Hero Arts Dec 22 MMH kit
Stencil - Hero Arts Nebula Cluster
Dies - Hero Arts Space Rocket;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
various water reactive inks, Distress & Hero Arts; foam tape

Process - Stenciled the nebula with grape juice ink, then applied glittery paste over top. Let dry & blended various water reactive inks over it. Spritzed with water then the shimmer mist. Let dry & die cut with a rectangle and inked edges, then glued to card. Stamped and die cut images, then colored with Copics. Stamped and fussy cut sentiment (the "you're" is from a different sentiment in the set). Diecut and assembled the rocket. Added everything to black A2 card. The glitter paste blobbed in a few spots but I'll call it part of the scene - LOL.

I'll add card one to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my kit is newly used. Rocket and stencil on card two are new as well but I won't link up twice. I'm sending both of these cards to Cards for Hospitalized Kids, a charity started by Jen Rubino when she was a teen. So inspiring & recently Jen was interviewed for national TV - you can see the video HERE. I'll be making some Valentines too.

Thanks for stopping by!!


10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

That looks like a great kit and you have made 2 very impressive cards. Love those backgrounds xx

Cat Craig said...

These are fabulous!

Jean said...

Fantastic cards that nicely showcase those stunning backgrounds.

Lisa Elton said...

These are adorable, Linda! The matte silver rocket is fun!

Rosemary said...

both cards are out of this world wonderful, linda!

Trina P. said...

Cute and fun cards. You always make the most of your MMH kits.

Dawn T said...

what fabulous cards Linda. They are so cute and what a wonderful charity to send them too.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love these Linda, the backgrounds you created are fabulous.

papierelle said...

The background on both maps looks amazing and I also really like the theme of the cards.

Greta said...

Cute cards!