Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Hero Arts ShopBox - Take Two

Welcome back to day two of sharing pre-release Hero Arts products I was able to purchase through the ShopBox Spring 2023 program! I visited my brick and mortar store on Monday - Anchor Paper Express in Plymouth MN, a ShopBox participant. As I mentioned yesterday, ShopBox products will be available at limited online retailers on January 19th. 

Today's cards use the new Lily of the Valley die set. On card one I also used the new sentiment bundle called Friendly Messages (see a different sentiment on yesterday's post - card two).

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white;
Michael's green; My Mind's Eye Necessities (woodgrain)
Dies - Hero Arts Lily of the Valley &
Cabinet Door (retired)
Stamps with Dies - Friendly Messages Bundle
Other - Foam tape; Copic Marker BG70;
Black Soot Distress Ink

While shopping on Monday, I found the Cabinet Door die set in clearance - not sure why I never spotted it before, but it reminds me of a trellis or garden gate. Love, love, love it! The left side doesn't cut, instead scores, so you could open it if desired. It also comes with some hinges - so cute! Anyway, I left it closed with a larger woodgrain edge.

But the second I saw the ShopBox post at HA, I knew I'd want the Lily of the Valley set. I've mentioned it in the past but a former coworker gave me some of his lilies before we retired. His were running rampant, escaping under the neighbor's fence! I contained mine in a narrow plot between my front sidewalk & alongside the garage - perfect for minimizing the spreading. The bitty white flowers really make me smile when they start blooming in the spring. My lily of the valley card will go to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my die set got first play today.

Next up, a crazy idea to change the bitty lilies into hearts for a Valentine card. This one will go to the January Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge. They're doing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - how fun!! I'm delighted with how this turned out - just how I envisioned it!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white;
Michael's green; unk pink; MFT Party Time
Dies - Hero Arts Lily of the Valley &
Stamps - Hero Arts Celebrate Every Day (retired)
Stencil - Lawn Fawn Falling Hearts
Inks - TH Black Soot Distress; Hero Arts Taffy Reactive 
Other - Foam tape; white gel pen; Hero Paste Glitter

I really enjoy using the glittery Hero Past - this time with a new Lawn Fawn stencil. BTW, Die Cut Divas have Lawn Fawn as our January sponsor and we're looking for Valentines with diecuts or embossing folders. Check out our challenge HERE - no need to use LF products but our random winner will get a prize from LF!! I will be back on January 21st with my usual Diva post (I took December off) so I hope you'll stop back!

Thanks for the visit and have a crafty day!



12 comments:

Jean said...

Very fun - I like how you're showcasing the versatility of the plant in two very different ways.

papierelle said...

Lily of the valley... oh how beautiful. We have a lot of lilies of the valley here in the forest every year and I love their scent. I always bring a small bouquet into the house!! These cards are adorable again!!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, I love Lily of the Valley and have a big pot of it on my patio, they smell so lovely.

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards!! I enjoy my Lily of the Valleys very much too. Must add that die onto my wish list.

Cat Craig said...

Darling cards!

HilaryJane said...

I do love lily of the valley and your cards are perfect. Great idea with the hearts too. thanks for the inspiration xx

Lin said...

LOVE your idea to change out the flowers for hearts, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

Another of my favorite spring flowers - I just LOVE the scent of lily of the valley - I used to wear the perfume of it when I was in college! So clever of you to substitute little hearts on your second card. They work perfectly on the stem! Julia xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Saw your card at Darnell's blog and had to drop by and see it...the lilly of the valley card is sooo beautifu!
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, linda. using hearts on the second card is so clever and cute.

BreAnn L. said...

So pretty! 😍

Greta said...

Beautiful cards & the 2nd one is super creative!