Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 13, 2023

Hero Arts ShopBox - Take Three!

I'm baaaack! Here with day three of sharing pre-release Hero Arts products I bought via the ShopBox Spring 2023 program! My favorite Twin Cities brick and mortar store - Anchor Paper Express in Plymouth MN - participates in the ShopBox program. Limited online retailers will offer these products next week, starting January 19th. 

Usually I go to the trouble of seeking out the ShopBox stuff and then forget to use them until they're widely available. This time, in keeping with my plan (I won't say "resolution") to use new stuff quicker, I've been creating every day. So proud of myself & I'm getting needed cards done too!!

Both of today's cards use the new Daffodil die set & the new sentiment bundle, Friendly Messages. On card one I also used a new cling stamp called Burlap Bold Prints.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card (aqua & vanilla); Neenah Brights;
Michael's green; My Mind's Eye Necessities (woodgrain); 
Anchor Paper kraft; upcycled greeting card (orange patterned)
Dies - Hero Arts Daffodil & Nesting Oval Infinity Dies;
Stamps with Dies - Friendly Messages Bundle
Stamps - Burlap Bold Prints
Other - Foam tape; Park Lane gems;
Black Soot Distress Ink; Hero Arts Sand Stone ink

Yesterday I used the Lily of the Valley set, loving those flowers as I do. But daffodils are another fave of mine and these dies make adorable ones in two styles. This time I trimmed the sentiment into two pieces after I die cut - very simple to do! This card will go to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my die set & burlap stamp got first play with it.

Here's a twofer with the daffodils & using the same sentiment set (love, love, love it!) but for a birthday. This one will go to my friend Debbie who loves to garden.


Thanks for continuing to visit! My only other ShopBox purchase was some spring rub-ons and I probably won't do a special post for those. You can see them in the video at the ShopBox link above, if desired. Happy crafting & TGIF!!



9 comments:

Jean said...

A wonderful job showcasing your new goodies! Hard to believe that spring really is on the horizon!

Cat Craig said...

those daffodils are gorgeous!

HilaryJane said...

It is so nice to start seeing signs of spring in peoples cardmaking. your sunny daffodils have made my day xx

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for this lovely dose of spring on a cold snowy day!

Lin said...

Oh, those daffodils are cute! And just what I needed on this dreary day! Going on my wishlist!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness - I just love daffodils - and your beautiful cards make me want spring (and we haven't even had winter much here yet (I should bite my tongue!) although we might get some flurries tonight mixed with rain! These are so bright against that lovely green! Julia xx

papierelle said...

Again such beautiful flowers and I like this card very much!

Rosemary said...

those daffodil dies are so pretty! another beautiful set of cards.

Greta said...

Really love those daffodil dies & your cards!