Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Hero Arts ShopBox - Take One

Welcome!  Today I'm sharing two cards made with advance release Hero Arts products only available through their ShopBox Spring 2023 program. At the link, you'll find a video of these products and which brick & mortar stores carry them prior to release at online retailers. 

I typically shop at Anchor Paper Express in Plymouth MN. If I leave home early enough, I can get there to shop before they close at 4p on a Monday, then grab dinner and head to chorus rehearsal. That's just what I did this week! Such fun!!

Here's my first card using a Spring 2023 ShopBox item:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; 
Poptone Black Licorice; Bazzill A2 card
Dies - Hero Arts Bee Florals WindowFriend Words 
Stencils - Hero Arts Color Layering Bee Florals
Other - Various inks and Copic Markers; Hero Arts sparkle lacquer;
Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip; white gel pen; foam tape

I can't provide links to new Hero Arts yet; items will be available, though, on popular online sites like Simon Says Stamp & Scrapbook.com starting January 19th.

Process: Die cut Bee Floral Window and snip the spots around the outside where it's held to the paper (intended to remain in place with just the center and a few details cut out). Color the die cut using the layering stencils, inks and foam brushes. Add shading if desired with Copics, a few white gel details, and glitter lacquer to wings. Adhere to card with foam tape. Die cut hello from black and adhere into center; add friend strip. It's hard to see in the photo but I inked the corners of the card in Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide.

I struggled a bit lining up the 5 stencils since I die cut first. I recommend stenciling before diecutting! The stencils have little line-up squares to help get the perfect position. I used them on this next card and it went much better. I chose not to die cut using the frame though; just used a stitched rectangle  die, then inked the edges a bit.


For the "thank you" portion of the sentiment I used another ShopBox item - Friendly Messages Bundle. Hero Arts now bundles the stamps and dies so you can't buy dies separately. You typically can buy the stamps as a stand-alone item but I prefer to bundle. I cut 3 extra white ones to stack behind the stamped 'thank you". The "for everything" was stamped using the Sunny Studio Words of Gratitude set. I'm still using the little words I stamped and cut with this set back in September (go HERE for more details, if desired).

I'm adding card one to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my die and coordinating stencils are new. Card two has the new sentiment but anyone who pops over from NBUS can check it out :)

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!


11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I don't have any layered stencils yet, but seeing these makes me want to go and buy some immediately. They are beautiful, but there is always a learning curve with anything new. I can't choose between them. they are both fabulous xx

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful set of cards, linda! the layered stenciling on the die cuts on the first card make them look so life-like. so glad to hear you are a former stitcher and are thinking of taking up cross-stitch again!

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful! Sounds like your Monday trip is just perfect!

Jean said...

Sounds like a wonderful outing to grab some fun goodies. Great takes with the new products.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both lovely and have me longing for spring!

Lin said...

Pretty cards, Linda! Lucky you to have a store within reach to see these new things!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I miss having a good store close by. Your cards are beautiful Linda.

papierelle said...

Oh wow, these flowers are so beautiful and it looks so real!!!! LOve it!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. Great kit.

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous floral wreath with the lovely honey bees enjoying the blooms as well! What beautiful coloring with your stencil and Copics - those little details make all the difference in the dimensional look! Julia xx

Greta said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Mondays! Just love the wreath & both cards! Fun to get such different looks with a product!