Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Last Day with Lawn Fawn at Die Cut Divas!

Hello Diva friends - Today's the last day to enter a Valentine in our
January Die Cut Diva Challenge with our fabulous sponsor, Lawn Fawn

The end-of-month Diva team has an inspiration post at Die Cut Divas. I shared this card:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah Solar White;
Neenah Solar White & various scraps
Dies - Lawn Fawn Heart Garden Border,
Stamps with Dies - Lawn Fawn Scent with Love Add-on (dies HERE)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape


Lawn Fawn has amazing customer service and they quickly sent me the new products I ordered in January - thanks Lawn Fawn! I combined these newly purchased items with some I had bought in December & used on a previous post.

Process: Used a prefab lilac A2 card base. Stamped and diecut critters, bouquet, and sentiment speech bubble. Colored critters and bouquet with Copics. Trimmed the right-hand kitty off the row for this card and saved the other four for future. Stamped the sentiment on the left-hand speech bubble and trimmed it off from the others in the row.

Die cut the window twice, sandwiched acetate between layers. Die cut the window's heart from red and replaced one of the white ones with it so it was flush with the window. Put the kitty in the window & backed it with pale pink paper. Die cut the window box three times from white and once from woodgrain, then layered. Die cut the heart garden border from a dotted green scrap as well as the window set's tulips (trimmed the tulip tops). Die cut a bunch of hearts and arranged on the border and the window box stems. Adhered window and box to the card base with foam tape and the border to the bottom edge. Added the skunk & bouquet to the card as if he's using the heart flowers as steps to reach his kitty friend.

Does it bother you that the flowers are wonky? Did it on purpose so I wouldn't have to line them up straight - LOL! The bitty glitter heart I added to the sentiment speech bubble came from the quilted heart backdrop. When I cut the backdrop from gorgeous Lawn Fawn glitter card stock, I ended up with a bunch of them to use for embellishments.

And here's a bonus card!

Supplies: Paper - unk pink card; Neenah Solar White; Paper Studio Holiday;
Stamps with Dies - Lawn Fawn Scent with Love Add-on (dies HERE)
& Bannerific (retired)
Dies - Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags (burgundy heart) & 
Ink - Hero Arts Rose Madder & Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts clear & Sparkle Lacquer

Process: Die cut the heart background, saving as many bitty hearts as possible for embellishments (as on card one!) & adhere to A2 card. Extremely sparkly so I die cut a heart to serve as my focal point for the embellishments. Didn't have a jumbo Lawn Fawn heart so I used one from a new Hero Arts set. Stamped various Valentine items, colored with Copics, and die cut; arranged on the big heart. Added lacquer or glitter to some items.

That's it - really making progress on my Valentines, thanks to Lawn Fawn products! And special thanks to them for being a great sponsor of the Divas. I hope you get a chance to link up your Valentine using a die cut &/or embossing folder HERE by 9pm Pacific Time today. Any brands welcome!

I'll squeak card one into Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since I'm using the new border and the new-to-me window die set.

Thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous cards Linda!

HilaryJane said...

Another couple of great cards. I don't mind at all that the flowers aren't straight and I think they look better like that, but I know if I was doing it I would try to make them straight and then fret when they weren't! I have a cover die very similar to yours that cuts loads of tiny hearts. In fact I have used it today and felt very guilty when all the tiny hearts went into the rubbish bin. I am now feeling even more ashamed as you have kept and used yours! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Two cute cards, Linda! The wonky flowers look just fine to me. After-all they don't grow perfectly straight in nature either!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I love the Pepe nod, so cute. Love them both.

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards Linda. Love these sweet images.

papierelle said...

Your first card is so cute, you tell us a little love story!!!

Jean said...

Lovely cards - fun colors and textures!

Arlene said...

I just love your first card. I didn't think the flowers were wonky, just home grown. The little critters are so darn cute!

I love your second card too. I love that heart - looks like it will be carried away by the heart balloon, like a locket.

WOW, great cards.

Greta said...

More great cards! The little heart flowers look so cute & love the beautiful 2nd card!

Rosemary said...

both cards are so cute, linda!

Pia S said...

Your first card is sooo cute!! I did not notice the flowers were wonky, but that makes them look natural as flowers IRL are not straight:) I love how the skunk seems to try and jump high enough to reach the window.
Your second card is a sparkling beauty too.

Greta said...

So sweet of you to pick my card at DCD! Thank you, Linda!