Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 15, 2023

January Anniversaries

Happy Anniversary to two special couples! Today I'm sharing cards sent to my lovely neighbors Therese & Greg who celebrated last week and to dear Darnell & her hubby "Mister", celebrating tomorrow. Congrats friends!! All cards have been received - yay!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders 12/22 kit Love Grows Here;
Neenah Solar White; Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock - Spring;
TH Vintage (blue texty); Authentique mix (floral)
Dies - Creative Expressions Happy Anniversary;
Hearts from various Lawn Fawn sets
Other - Ephemera from same Spellbinders kit

I was making cards for my January 21st Diva post and had a bunch of leftover bitty hearts. They found their way onto this card, along with larger hearts and flower ephemera from the December 2022 Spellbinders kit. Somehow the Spellbinder boxes have stacked up, unopened - bad me - but I started playing with the December kit right after the holidays.

I love the layered Creative Expressions sentiment die and decided to use it on Darnell and Kevin's card too. 

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Michael's lime green; 
unk Rose; Pink & Main Enchanted Garden 6x6
Dies - Creative Expressions Happy Anniversary;
Spellbinders Floral Set (retired)
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Fan Motif
Other - enamel water drop from an old Hero Arts kit

I used a 2017 Spellbinders stamp/die combo set that I've had for ages and never used until now. The rose and leaf cluster is so pretty - why did I wait?! I also broke into the November Spellbinders box and found the Fan Motif emblossing folder - so gorgeous! Since both the flower die and fan motif are getting first play, I'll add (appropriately) to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping & I hope you're enjoying the weekend!



11 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Two gorgeous Anniversary cards Linda.

HilaryJane said...

You are very good to remember anniversaries. Two great cards, love that embossing folder xx

Jean said...

Lovely cards that nicely showcase the sentiment die set!

Darnell said...

You are so kind, Linda! It's a treat to see the pretty Anniversary card that you made for us up on the monitor, but it's even prettier in person! Thank you again ~ and thank you for linking again to NBUS! Hope you're having a great Sunday! Hugs, Darnell

Pia S said...

The first card is delicate and with beautifully clustered hearts. The second is beautifully vibrant, the lime green embossed paper does have a wow factor and the die cut rose looks gorgeous too.

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, Linda!

Dawn T said...

`Great Anniversary cards Linda. Love the first one in particular. Might have to CASE it as it's my anniversary coming up on the 21st. 45 years!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet anniversary cards, Linda. I am sure both were loved.

Rosemary said...

yet another lovely set of cards, linda.

Angelnorth said...

You’ve been busy, I’ve had a lovely browse through this week’s creations! Love both of these, the muted tones and collage feel of the first one is so calm and elegant and that fan folder is a real beauty!

Greta said...

Beautiful use of your card contents! 2 lovely anniversary cards!