Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Hero Arts Valentine Stamp-Along 2023

Hey everyone - I've been doing the Hero Arts Valentine Stamp Along today - it's a mini so only 5 classes in one day. Very doable! **WARNING** - photo heavy post ahead... And sorry, I didn't link any of the products - they are listed, though, so check them out at Hero Arts.

On Friday night Hero Arts kicked it off with a tutorial video by Jennifer McGuire - fantastic tips! Then Jennifer got on LIVE with Aaron Leventhal, CEO & co-owner of Hero Arts. It was such fun to hear their banter of a long time friendship. I first met Jennifer and Shari Carroll at a Scrapfest in Mall of America; they taught several HA card classes which were amazing! Here's the card I made based on her tips, one of which was using a die cut as a stencil (made this today during the lunch break). I used some leftover stuff from Saturday morning classes too (like the foiled heart we cut out of Erica's background):


Class one - Nichol Spohr - foiling with a coverplate die!

Hero Arts STAMPS & DIES: DC281 Love You Stamp & Cut XL 
DI483 Window On Love Confetti Fancy Die 
DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies

I had some overfoiling on the edges so I just cut my panel down with a stitched rectangle. Nichol also made a second card using the left over foil but mine went very wonky! I was using my solid coverplate for the first time & here's what I got (second one was even worse!):


It's a Waffleflower one so I'll have to consult with them as to what I'm doing wrong...

Class two - Erica A-B - heart foiling!

Hero Arts PRODUCTS: D1334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies 
DC281 Love You Stamp and Cut XL 
SA220 Color Layering Wild Columbine Stencils 
HF111 Hearts Hot Foil Plate

We die cut the love from a panel we'd stenciled - such a tropical vibe, love it!!

Class three - Laurie Willison - quartet of Columbine cards! I popped them all in one photo:

Hero Arts STAMPS & DIES: SB349 Wild Columbine Bundle 
SA220 Color Layering Wild Columbine Stencils 
DC281 Love You Stamp and Cut XL

Class four - Debi Adams - dry embossing with cover plate!

Hero Arts STAMPS & DIES: DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies 
DC281 Love You Stamp & Cut XL 
DI483 Window On Love Confetti Fancy Die

First cut the coverplate in white and glue to cherry, then emboss with the coverplate. Mine shifted in the Platinum 6 but, hey, no reason not to use it anyway! Debi's trademark is the golden shadow - love this!!

So, I didn't read the instruction sheet and thought everything was inlaid - had a pile of hearts ready to inlay. Nope! Then I thought I'd emboss my cherry panel quickly. Nope - adhere die cut first, then do heart cut out, then emboss! Oh well, I used the other panel for a bonus:


Class five - Channin Pelletier - watercolors plus Copics!

Hero Arts STAMPS & DIES: SB349 Wild Columbine Bundle 
DC281 Love You Stamp & Cut XL


At the end Libby Hickson, who did the moderating and coordinating for the event, did a wrap-up with prizes and I won a $10 gift card - Woo Hoo!! It's been a while since I've won any kind of prize so I was excited. Now, the person who won the grand prize of entry & bundle for the Spring 2023 Stamp-Along was probably dancing all around her crafty space!! Congrats and thanks Hero Arts for their generosity and for quality products & events!!

I'm entering the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge and also Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since I used mainly new products. Only the hearts infinity dies were old to me. I'll do the card from class one for NBUS since, technically, that was when everything was used first! 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend - let's watch some football?!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics of your new creations. Happy Valentine's Day 💗

Dawn T said...

What an amazing set of cards Linda. Sounds and looks like you had a ball taking the class.

Lin said...

Sounds like a wonderful class, Linda, and I love your results!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards!! Looks you had lots and lots of fun!

Arlene said...

WOW, Absolutely amazing cards! All I can say is "WOW".

HilaryJane said...

Wow, that was a marathon and what an amazing collection of cards you finished with. I just couldn't do classes like that. I would immediately be left behind and stressed, but I am so glad you enjoyed it and obviously learnt a lot too. congrats on winning a prize, that is always nice xx

Jean said...

So much eye candy - these are all amazing! And I'm amazed at how much you got done!

Rosemary said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun and learned some fun new tips and techniques, linda. wonderful set of cards.

Lisa Elton said...

It looks and sounds like you had oodles of fun, Linda! Just look at all of these amazing cards!

papierelle said...

Wow, I can only marvel!!! And I am delighted with all your cards, they look stunning!!

Cat Craig said...

So many happy heart cards...love.

Michelle Peckham said...

Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.
Love all your fabulous cards!

Greta said...

What a fun event resulting in so many wonderful cards! I especially love the 4 you put in one picture--beautiful!