Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Snowflake Mug

Hi everyone - I'm playing in the January Christmas Kickstart Challenge today using some new Hero Arts products I bought before the holidays. I finally had a chance to create with them over the weekend but couldn't blog the card until today.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Paper Studio Holiday;
Neenah white; Hero Arts Glitter Basics
Die - Hero Arts Light & Mug Tag;
not sure which brand of snowflake
Stencil - Hero Arts Snowflake
Other - Simon Says Stamp printed sentiment; 
Copic Markers R39 & BG70; foam tape;
Hero Arts Hero Paste Glitter & Fog Reactive Ink

Process: Stencil the snowflakes onto the card using fog ink and then apply the glitter paste over it. Allow to dry. Die cut the mug tag and snip off the tag loop. Shade with Copic. Die cut the whipped cream and shade with Copic, then adhere to mug. Add snowflake to mug and adhere to card with foam tape. Adhere sentiment below mug - done!

I really love the look of the soft fog ink beneath the glitter paste - so pretty in real life! My lightweight card base warped a bit with the paste but I'll try to flatten it better before I have to send it at Christmastime. Since my mug die and stencil are getting first play with this card, I'm also joining Darnell's January NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!

 

15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I'm still in a holiday mood, and I'd love a cup of coffee with a mound of whipped cream on top...Sweet card.

HilaryJane said...

Bet the sparkle from the glitter paste is amazing in real life. Well done for getting on with Christmas cards so soon after finishing the last lot xx

Jean said...

Terrific colors and great texture. The printed sentiment goes nicely with the elements.

Pia S said...

This aqua blue/green mint-ish colored background looks so pretty with the red mug. Awesome stencilled snowflakes too!

Lisa Elton said...

I love red and aqua together! This is delightful, Linda!

Darnell said...

Nothing better than a hot cup of cocoa with heaps of whipped cream, Linda! And I love red and aqua together on a Christmas card, especially when there is added texture from glitter flake snowflakes! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

papierelle said...

And I love your color choice. The red cup on the green background really shines.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the bright mug against the blue sparkly background.

Rosemary said...

Fun Christmas card, Linda. The snowy background is so pretty!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet! Love that white snowflake on the red mug.

Julia Aston said...

I just love the pop of your red mug against that light green Linda - so pretty with the white snowflake and dollop of whipped cream on top! Julia xx

Dotty Jo said...

Love the colour palette you've chosen, Linda, and your stencilling is gorgeous too. What a lovely card. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart - good to have you in the gallery again, Jo x

Arlene said...

I love it. I want that red cup for my tea. I'm a tea drinker and my favorite color is red, but then I really like blue too... LOL

Kate said...

A really pretty card Linda and so cozy! I love the red mug against that pretty textured turquoise background!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Greta said...

Love the mug & that beautiful background! Thanks for the well-wishes, Linda!