Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Inspired by the Hero Arts Valentine Stamp-Along

Hey everyone - you might have spotted my Saturday post sharing my cards from the Hero Arts Valentine Stamp-Along. Such fun with many great tips! Along the way, be it during the homework session (held on a Facebook Live last Wednesday) or the event, I stamped, die cut and foiled extra items. Plus there were leftover bits from some class cards. Anyway, I created five more cards on Sunday & yesterday so thought I'd share them.

First up, a card using the negative from Erica A-B's class. We had stenciled the columbines, then die cut the word LOVE out of the stenciled area. I used a full A2 panel so had a lovely negative to use. I die cut it with a stitched rectangle and adhered it to an A2 card. I had foiled an extra red panel with hearts during the class so die cut LOVE from that panel, along with a heart for a future project. Inlaid the LOVE and added a sentiment strip that I'd stamped, white embossed & fussy cut. Left the rest plain.


Next I have three cards using concepts from Laurie Willison's class. In homework she had us stamp 4 colombine panels for the class - I stamped 8 so I'd have extras. I'll probably do another birthday card similar to the 3rd card below with my 4th extra panel. The heart on the thank you card was left over from the class; we had die cut it from one of the panels and stamped within the negative space. I added some inking on the white edge, lined it up with the outline and popped it up with foam tape. The middle card has simple masking and the 3rd card has the flowers die cut and then backed with 2 more die cuts for dimension after the masked inking. Then just pop it back into the outline & add a sentiment - so quick and fun!




And finally, another watercolored columbine inspired by Channin Pelletier's class. I flipped the panel and used more pinks; I felt my watercolor dribbles were more successful this time. After spritzing with water you blow the puddles with a straw to move them around.


You can't buy the columbine set in the Hero Arts store yet; it was first available to Valentine Stamp-Along attendees. I believe it's coming out with the spring release on Feb 20th. The Love You Stamp and Cut XL set was used constantly in the session, along with the Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies and Hearts Hot Foil Plate.

Hero Arts is our fabulous sponsor at Die Cut Divas this month! Check out our February Challenge HERE - we're using gold! I'll be doing my usual Diva post on the 21st but you'll see me back here before then. Meantime, please be inspired by my Diva teamies at the challenge link!

Thanks for stopping and I hope I didn't bore you with more versions from the Stamp-Along! I'm adding card one to the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge to do Crazy Love.



13 comments:

!neke said...

Great cards !!!!!
Love the colors !!!!
groeten Ineke

Cindy C. said...

Lovely cards!! They brighten up my day!

Jean said...

Absolutely fantastic! You are an A++ student. :-)

HilaryJane said...

Five amazing cards. Can't choose a favourite, love them all xx

Michelle Peckham said...

Such lovely cards! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Lisa Elton said...

You've been busy, these area all terrific!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely collection, Linda.

Dawn T said...

What a great set of cards. The stamp set is certainly very versatile. Love the heart spotlight card. It's so pretty

Greta said...

Such beautiful cards!

papierelle said...

Amazing cards!!! I love them all!!!

Rosemary said...

Wow... what a gorgeous set of cards, Linda! That floral image is beautiful!

Pia S said...

This is a really inspiring post, lots of ideas for using a floral stamp and bringing color to it without having to do "traditional" coloring. I love these ideas, maybe this is what I need to try with my much neglected floral stamps?

Jeanne H said...

Your columbine cards are all great. Love that stamp and how you used it.