Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Final Day for Gold at Die Cut Divas!

Hey everyone - today's your last chance to ener our February Die Cut Divas Challenge. I'm providing inspiration with the rest of the end-of-month team with the card below, plus I have a couple bonuses here! We're doing GOLD with our fabulous sponsor, Hero Arts

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 cards (3 shades);
Neenah white for dimension on the ornament
Hot Foil Plate - Hero Arts Ornament Border
Dies - Hero Arts Bulb Ornament Infinity Dies &
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Foliage Messages
Other - Spellbinders Gold Foil; Versamark ink;
Ranger Princess Gold ep; retired Hero Arts gem;
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink 



Process: Hot foil the ornament coverplate twice using Spellbinders Glimmer or similar machine. Die cut the ornament out of one panel, plus a few extra ornaments from white to layer for dimension. Shade the edges of the pink ornament with Victorian Velvet, then glue to white layers & add into its spot on the coverplate. Adhere to A2 card. Stamp sentiment in Versamark and emboss with gold. Die cut two bows and layer with a slight offset. Add to ornament with a gem in bow's center. 

Very quick and easy to get a gorgeous effect! I first made cards using the ornament hot foil plate during the Hero Arts Holiday Stamp-Along. You can see more versions here and here. First time trying gold foil with the ornament plate and I love it!! Too bad I've already reached my limit of 3 at the February Christmas Kickstart Challenge since my ornament would meet their theme - oh well. 

Here's a bonus for you - a gold foiled branch card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio red; DCWV green; Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic gold
Foil & Cut - Hero Arts Holiday Greenery
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Borders and Icons & 
Other - Copic Markers R24/R59/G12/G20/G46;
Versamark Ink & Ranger Princess Gold ep;
Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink; foam tape

And here's a closeup of the branch - love it!!!


Process: Foil the branch onto Neenah, then die cut with the included die. Color with Copics. Stamp A2 card with poinsettia bold print stamp tone-on-tone. Stamp and emboss sentiment strip, then mat onto gold. Assemble card - done!

I'm adding the branch card to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my new greenery foil set got first play here. And as Darnell would say, how about a Threefer? I took the pink foiled panel left after I'd die cut the ornament out and decided to use it. Had to trim part of the design off since I wasn't careful to get the whole piece of paper on the hot foil plate - it worked though! I embossed the same sentiment directly onto the A2 card and added a gold topper to the ornament.



That's it for today, friends. Be sure to link your golden project using a die cut or embossing folder into the February Diva gallery by 9 pm Pacific Time today. Our winner will be randomly selected from eligible February entries and announced on March 3rd. Hero Arts has generously donated an amazing $50 gift card for our winner - yay! Thanks so much, Hero Arts!!

Thanks for visiting!

 

10 comments:

papierelle said...

All three cards look very classy and festive. The card with the branch is also a very nice idea.

Cindy C. said...

Wow beautiful cards, love the use of both positive and negative dies!

Rosemary said...

another beautiful set of christmas cards, linda. you are a card making machine, my friend!

Jean said...

Stunning one and all! You've beautifully showcased the technique and products.

HilaryJane said...

What a fabulous set of cards. Every time I see such amazing cards with hot foil I feel that I must join the club and get a machine and then I talk myself out of it. after all, I do have enough stuff. I suspect I will succumb eventually. Brilliant cards, thanks for the inspiration xx

Lisa Elton said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards, Linda! Love the raspberry and pink colors on the first one!

Arlene said...

You have absolutely outdone yourself. WOW!

Dawn T said...

Absolutely stunning cards Linda. You outdid yourself with these.

Trina P. said...

These are beautiful, especially the bulb ornament.

Greta said...

All beautiful & usually I pick leaf cards as my favorite, but this time it's your first card--love it!