Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, March 2, 2023

February 2023 Card Chain Reveal

Hey friends - March 2nd already!! It's time to reveal cards that went around the world for the February Card Chain Challenge. Thirty-three people participated and I sent the card below to Gail L. (What's Normal?) in British Columbia Canada; you can see the full reveal HERE.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card (aqua and brick red); 
Graphic 45 Artisan Style 6x6; BoBunny Count the Ways 6x8
Stamps - Hero Arts Wild Columbine
Other - Altenew enamel hearts

We had several options for our design; as usual I went with the sketch. I also used the color option and the themes of hearts & friendship. I figured I'd be excused for having a few extra colors in my floral paper. 


Color Option
(exact matching not required)

Sketch Option

(orient as desired)

Theme Options: Hearts / Tags / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Burlap or Gauze / Layers


I was really pleased with how this turned out after I tried various combos of papers. I love the little enamel hearts that Altenew includes on their dot sets (stars too) - so cute! They added the perfect finishing touch to my heart design.

I received this gorgeous card & set of pearl stickers from the wonderful Pia (Pias Papir og Perler) from Norway - thanks Pia!! She had my name back in September 2021 when she first joined the Card Chain - I'm so glad she's still participating!! I just love the hot air balloons & how Pia worked in the colors!!



If you'd like to join in, you can still sign up for the March chain until 3/6 - please go HERE for details.

Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!!


14 comments:

Viv said...

Great card Linda!And a lovely card from Pia too!

Julia Aston said...

What pretty colors on your panels Linda - I love the roses one and the sweet big heart with the smaller heart punched out! Julia xx

Pia S said...

We used the same sketch, the same colors and same sentiment - and there ends our similarities. We achieved quite different looks, and I love your colorful style and great match of patterns. Beautiful!

HilaryJane said...

Great use of the sketch and colours this month Linda. great card. Pia's card is pretty special too. It always amazes me how different all the cards are xx

Angelnorth said...

Love your bright and cheerful card Linda and yours from Pia is lovely!

Gail said...

Thank you so much Linda!
It's lovely!

Arlene said...

You really made the sketch your own. I love the hearts.

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is wonderful, Linda! I like the pretty floral banner. Terrific card by Pia too!

papierelle said...

A card with a lot of heart!!! Beautiful!!
And you got the great card from Pia, I'm happy for you!!

Imke said...

Those colors rocks, Linda. You did also a great job with the Sketch. Love this Challenge !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch and well done for using all the themes.Love the card from Pia too
Carol x

Jean said...

Wonderful take on the colors and sketch!

Rosemary said...

lovely take on the sketch and colors, linda.

Greta said...

Love how you used the sketch, Linda! Wonderful card from Pia!