Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

More Birthday Cards!

Hi there - hope you have good weather in your area. We got snow overnight - about 5" but "THE BIG ONE" starts later today. Stay safe!! 

I thought I'd pop in today with more February birthday cards. Busy month for birthdays! I shared some others on earlier posts but here are the rest. First up - cards for my Diva sisters Arlene (A Bit of This and That) and Cindy (Escape to Stamping) both of whom celebrated yesterday. 

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Willow & Sage
Paper Studio glitter; Poptone Black Licorice
Die Creative Expressions Stacked Happy Birthday
Other - sentiment strip (brand unknown);
BoBunny Willow & Sage chipboard

I found some chipboard at a Tuesday Morning outlet that I thought matched paper at home - yes!!! Super easy to put together with a die cut sentiment and sub-sentiment strip. Funny story - I went to mail Arlene's card and grouchy postal clerk says "too rigid - that'll be the $5.95 package rate". Well, if it's a package, I'll make it a package, I say. I returned home and filled a padded envelope with the card and some die cuts. I visited a different post office where there were 3 smiling clerks ready to help. The sweet man who calculated my fee charged me $1.95 - the "large package" rate. Say what?! More in the small envelope but way less price - go figure. Anyway, Arlene got her small "large package" in time for her special day.

Supplies: Paper - Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor;
Paper Studio Watercolor Prints A2 card
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Wild Columbine Bundle
Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts Say it All (retired)

For Cindy's card I used another Wild Columbine panel I'd stamped on watercolor paper during the recent Hero Arts Valentine Stamp-Along. I die cut this one with the coordinating die and watercolored with various water reactive inks. The A2 card is from a boxed set of watercolor patterns I got at Hobby Lobby - so gorgeous & in multiple shades. I'll spare you the story of the same grouchy postal clerk who waited on me when I went to mail this beauty! Sorry to Michelle (Just Another Nutter paper crafter), another Diva sister with a February bday - forgot to photograph your card, oh well. I'd stenciled a coffee cup using another find at Tuesday Morning - a Picket Fence stencil for under $3!

Here's a masculine card using 12x12 patterned papers from Echo Park's Transatlantic Travel collection (another TM find). A simple stamped & die cut sentiment (Many More Birthdays by Unity) finished it off. So easy! A retired pilot friend received this one & loved it!


That's it for today, friends. Happy crafting!!

9 comments:

Jean said...

These are all stunning. I'm amazed at the TM finds you make! That's nuts about the postage - glad you found a friendly clerk who didn't charge you $6!

Lisa Elton said...

They're all just wonderful, Linda! I think the first one is my favorite. You can find some fun surprises at Tuesday Morning!

Dawn T said...

what wonderful cards Linda. Great cards - love the two for the Divas and your masculine one is superb.

papierelle said...

Three great cards, love the design. I am particularly enthusiastic about the masculine card. It's not always that easy, but you've created a perfect and very personal card.
PS: Did you get my e-mail or did you get it in the spam folder again?

Rosemary said...

Fabulous set of birthday cards, Linda! You are the queen of crafty bargain hunting with all your great finds!

Cindy C. said...

Thank you Linda, the card is even more beautiful in real life.

HilaryJane said...

I do hope that snow doesn't hang around too long for you, it sounds horrible. What a great collection of cards and all so different. I think the middle one is my favourite, love that blue background xx

Greta said...

February birthdays are the BEST--haha! Love all your cards!

Trina P. said...

These are so different, but all are so beautiful. I’m sure they were well received.