Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 20, 2023

Final Ornament Card for Kickstart

Happy Monday! It snowed like crazy here for a couple hours this morning but it's the light fluffy stuff. The big blizzard supposedly will arrive tomorrow. I just finished my third and final card for the February Christmas Kickstart Challenge to use baubles/ornaments.


Supplies: Paper - Authentique Christmas Essentials 12x12;
DCWV lime green; Paper Studio cream, red and glitter cardstock;
Neenah black and Solar White 
Dies - Birch Press Design Twinkle Ornament Layer Set &
Christmas Ornament Pop Up Easel (base layer & cap);
Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words
Hero Arts Joy Ornament (retired but HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Hot Foil Plate - Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words
Other - Spellbinder's gold foil

I used a second piece of my chopped up 12x12 Authentique paper as Dawn (Dawn's World) did in her posts (here and here). Once again, I distressed the patterned paper edges with a Tim Holtz tool - this paper seems so vintage-y to me so I had to distress it! Adhered to A2 card. Die cut all layers of the Birch Press ornament, along with a hanger from the Hero Arts set. Assembled the ornament and glued to the patterned paper. Added a foiled Lawn Fawn sentiment - done! Super simple but so pretty! Here's a look at the piece of 12x12 patterned paper I've been chopping (see card one HERE).


Lawn Fawn sponsored the Divas in January and I placed an order that included the winter words hot foil plate. Yesterday I spent some time foiling various things including that entire set - how fun!! Perfect results and I love this new foil plate which matches the stamp set & coordinating dies.

Thanks again to Jo and her elf Bridget for a fun challenge! I'm adding to my Christmas card stash and that makes me happy!! 

Next I'm sharing a card I made yesterday following an extra LIVE session set up for the Spellbinders & Altenew FLORALS PICK N' PLAY CREATIVE COLLAB CLASS that I took February 9th - 11th. Lydia Evans from Altenew came online and shared two cards, one of which was a shaker with an embossed top using Spellbinders products from the class kit. Here's my take:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah Solar White;
Paper Studio glitter
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Four Petal Floral 3D
Dies - Spellbinders Thanks Enclosed Sentiments
Other - Darice and Spellbinders sequins;
Waffle Flower Infinity shaker; Hero Arts gold & reactive inks
Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer Mist

I started with a Neenah white panel and ink-blended a variety of Hero Arts reactive inks. Spritzed with a bit of water and then some shimmer mist. Ran it through with the embossing folder once dry. Inked a few spots (as Lydia showed) with some gold ink. Fussy cut out the center for a window to the shaker element. Created the shaker with an A2 infinity pouch. Lydia put her sentiment inside the shaker but I just glued mine to the top of it.

Since my Spellbinders ef is new, I'm adding card two to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge. The Lawn Fawn sentiment set is new too but I'll just link one card.

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!! I'll be back tomorrow with some gold items for the February Die Cut Divas Challenge - hope to see you there!!

Happy crafting!!





8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

And yet more baubles, this one is pretty amazing. Love that layered look.That looks like a very special embossing folder you used for your shaker thank you card. You must have had some patience to fussy cut that centre window without messing it up. Well done. At first I wondered if it was one of those emboss and cut folders. Great idea xx

Jean said...

Stay safe - both of your creations are wonderful.

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards, Linda! I like your fancy ornament and the fun shaker!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Linda. Your 12x12 does look vintage-y. You've done good with chopping it up. Today's card is superb.

Dotty Jo said...

Two beauties! I especially like your ornament card - so bold with a hint of retro. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

so festive, love the collage feel...and tat aperture card is quite lovely too.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda. The inked up and embossed panel is so pretty!

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! Love the music background for the pretty ornament!