Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Glittery Ornament Trio

Hey everyone - hope you're having a lovely weekend! I finished another card yesterday for the February Christmas Kickstart Challenge to use baubles (aka ornaments in the great US of A). 

Supplies: Paper - Authentique Christmas Essentials 12x12;
Paper Studio green and glitter cardstock;
Neenah black and Solar White (distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink)
Dies - Memory Box Newbury Ornament Vignette (retired);
Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts MMH kit 11/19

My apologies - I used a bunch of retired products here! With this card I made the effort to use some of my 12x12 papers as Dawn (Dawn's World) did in her posts (here and here). I have the other 5 panels I chopped from this collage patterned paper by Authentique (a 2015 collection) but just haven't had a chance to use them yet. More to come....

I distressed the patterned paper edges with a Tim Holtz tool. Adhered to A2 card. Die cut 3 of the smallest ornament outlines from the vingette in black, trimmed them and glued to the patterened paper. I had the glittery innards left from a bunch of cards I made last fall like this one where I just used the outline. Inlaid those into the outlines. Added a stamped and fussy cut sentiment - done! Very quick and easy.

Thanks again to Jo and her elf Bridget for a fun challenge! And thanks to you for stopping by!

Happy crafting!!


9 comments:

Jean said...

What an imaginative and layered scene. The colored baubles make it extra special.

Lisa Elton said...

Another lovely Christmas card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful background paper Linda. And you've used it beautifully. Love how these cute little baubles/ornaments are just the perfect size for the background. It's got a lovely vintage look with the distressing.

papierelle said...

Your card is amazing!!! I love the design of the background, it fits perfect to the baubles!!

Cat Craig said...

Love the nostalgic feel of this one, Linda.

Greta said...

Great use of that beautiful paper! Love the glittery ornaments!

HilaryJane said...

I don't think you should apologise for using retired items, you should celebrate it. I for one am pleased to see you use your older supplies and what great use you have made of them too. Love the background xx

Dotty Jo said...

Another great card, Linda. The design just works so well. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Rosemary said...

Fabulous and creative way to use up that old patterned paper (I have alot, too!), Linda.