Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey everyone - it's that special day for romance, candy & flowers. Yes, Valentine's Day! It's also my birthday & that of my friend, Lynn. I made her this card to celebrate: 

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white;
Tim Holtz Kraft Stock Metallic Classics gold cardstock; 
Dies - Hero Arts Heart Flourish Cover Plate &
Stamps - Hero Arts All Occasion Messages (retired)
Other - Hero Arts Hugs and Kisses Hero Transfers

Process: Die cut background from gold cardstock. Trim & mat onto A2 card. Die cut 3 hearts (5th one in the Infinity set) - one in lilac, two in heavy white cardstock. Trim the rub-on to leave off "day" and one heart; apply to lilac heart. Stamp Birthday below the rub-on and apply the trimmed off heart, plus one more (it has an outline square on the sheet but I trimmed that off too).  Adhere to gold heart.

Had to laugh, the rub-ons work so well, I dropped the little trimmed heart onto the diecut heart and it stuck at a wonky angle! Oh well...there it stayed! A tip from years ago: Use the backing paper from the rub-on to help "set" it. Place it over the rub-on you've applied, slippery side down and gently rub over it. Stack the lilac heart onto the white ones for dimension and add to the heart on the cover plate - done! 

Very quick and easy, yet so elegant! We're doing GOLD for our February challenge over at Die Cut Divas (hope to see you there!!) so Lynn had to get something with gold on it - LOL. I'm adding this to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my cover plate got first use here. If you're just here for the card, you can skip the rest of this photo-heavy post with birthday stuff.

Our friend Linda (birthday on the 7th), Lynn & I enjoyed a fun lunch at a Red Lobster restaurant on the 10th. Here we are sipping our celebration margaritas:


The sweet server (she took our photo) also has a February bday! She treated us to a jumbo sundae in a margarita glass:


I received many birthday cards, including from card-making friends around the world; here's a quick photo as of the 13th's mail delivery:


Special thanks to Cindy and to Gundi for some extras in the package - oh my, what bounty - thank you!



Thanks everyone for making my birthday special; I loved all the cards and goodies!! If you stop back for my Diva post on the 21st you can see what I gave Linda and Lynn. 😍 I'm off to enjoy lunch with my friend Connie later today and will probably find more cards in the mailbox!

Happy Valentine's Day & Happy Crafting!


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Happy hearts and birthday...I'll need to add this to my calendar. So sorry I missed sending a birthday card. Glad you had a good outing with friends.

HilaryJane said...

Happy Birthday to you, now I know I will add it to my birthday list. Hope you enjoy a fabulous day. Being valentines day it is hard to forget, so there should be no excuses. Love your gold and purple card, so classy. When we used to holiday in Florida Red Lobster was our favourite restaurant xx

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! Looks like you've been having a wonderful celebration!

Jean said...

Happy, happy birthday and Valentine's Day! Your lunch out looks like fun! The card is stunning.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card for your friend! Happy Birthday to you, Linda looks like you had a fun celebration!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card for your friend, Linda. Happy valentine's and happy birthday! My wishes goes to you! You look like you had a great day.

papierelle said...

You really had a great day and I am very happy that so many lovely people thought of you. Enjoy your many gifts and cards!!

Trina P. said...

Happy belated birthday and Valentine’s day, Linda! 💜 Looks like you celebrated well and had such a fun time. Wonderful Valentine birthday card for Lynn.

Rosemary said...

Happy belated birthday, Linda! Sounds like you had a really wonderful day. The card is lovely.

Greta said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Absolutely love the card you made for your friend!