Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Gold and more gold!

Hey everyone - do you love gold? If yes, then our February Die Cut Divas Challenge is for you! 

I'm providing inspiration at Die Cut Divas with the card below, using products by our fabulous sponsor Hero Arts. When I got into card making in 2007, Hero Arts was my go-to brand and still is! Love, love, love this company and their products, including My Monthly Hero kits (I own all but one). Can't forget to mention I'm a proud Hero Hostess from 2011, back when their Flickr group was active.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Black Watercolor Paper
Tim Holtz Kraft Stock Metallic Classics gold & silver cardstock; 
Dies - Hero Arts Lily of the Valley
Stamps - Hero Arts Wild Columbine
Other - Versamark Ink & silver embossing powder; 
Tim Holtz embossing folder (name unk); foam tape



Process: Die cut lilies from silver & stem/leaves from gold metallic cardstock. Die cut and emboss an oval, trim to half. Arrange lilies and "hill" & adhere to black card, popping up a few flowers & the "hill" with foam tape. Stamp thank you in versamark and emboss with silver ep. Very quick and easy, yet so elegant!  

Here's a bonus for you - a golden matchbox!

Additional Supplies: Dies - Hero Arts Matchbox &

I couldn't resist adding the new Hero Arts Matchbox and Box of Chocolates die sets to my January My Monthly Hero kit. Adorable!! At about 4:44 minutes into the Hero Arts January product release video HERE, there's a quick tutorial on putting together the matchbox. So easy and fun to make! It would be great for gifting earrings or other small items. The full bow was cut twice, plus the center area an extra time. On one bow I trimmed the tails off and adhered the loops upside down to the bow for a layered look. Added the extra center with a foam dot then tucked the trimmed tails under the other ones.

And here's a photo of it open. My friends Linda & Lynn each received a matchbox with a little gift inside for their birthdays earlier this month. Not the pin shown; that one snuck in from my jewelry box just for the photo. 😊


I'm adding the matchbox to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since it got first play here. 

That's it for today, friends. Please enter your golden project using a die cut or embossing folder into the February Diva gallery by 9 pm Pacific Time on the 28th. Our winner will be randomly selected from eligible February entries and announced on March 3rd. Hero Arts has generously donated an amazing $50 gift card for our winner - yay!

Thanks for visiting!

 


12 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Linda and I love that adorable matchbox, perfect for those small gifts.

Lin said...

What a pretty way to show off those lilies of the valley, Linda! Beautiful design!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely...and Hero Arts got me going too.

Jean said...

Stunning combination of color and texture on the card and what a delightful gift box!

HilaryJane said...

I just love lily of the valley and don't they look fabulous in silver and gold with the black background. A stunning card. I can see that that matchbox is going to come in very handy too xx

Arlene said...

WOW, What wonderful surprises - gorgeous card and such a beautiful box, my fellow Diva.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the elegance you brought to the Lily of the Valley, Linda! The little golden matchbox is a gift in itself, it's darling!

Dawn T said...

Such an elegant card and what an adorable match box gift box. Love them both.

papierelle said...

WOW!!! You had a great idea to show the lilies of the valley in completely different colors.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card and gift box, linda!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous projects! The metallic Lily of the Valley looks so glamourous!

Greta said...

Never thought to make gold leaves, but I love the look! Beautiful little gold box & love the bow!