Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Gold on Cream Ornament Vignette

Happy Monday everyone! Extremely happy for me since the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl last night, despite being predicted to lose! Being from Wisconsin I'm a Packer-backer and living in Minnesota I have to cheer the Vikings (except when playing the Packers). Once both of those teams were out of the running, I had to throw my support somewhere & it went to the Chiefs. They are so fun to watch! The game was in Arizona and the planes flying over the stadium also flew over my sister's house - she loved it but said they were extremely LOUD!

On to a card... today I made a quick one for the February Christmas Kickstart Challenge to use baubles or, as we call them here, ornaments. Thanks to Jo and her elf Bridget for a fun challenge!

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Winter Wishes 6x6;
Paper Studio cream and glitter cardstock
Dies - Memory Box Newbury Ornament Vignette (retired);
My Favorite Things Torn Paper Edges
Other - Taylored Expressions sentiment strip

I'm so behind on my Christmas card production that I turned to an ornament vignette die I used a few times last year, including on a card that won the final CAS Christmas Challenge last September. I didn't want to duplicate that design but did want to keep just the outline. Decided to put a gold glitter vignette on a cream panel that I trimmed using MFT's torn paper die - love this edger die! Added to a A2 card covered with a piece of BoBunny pine cone paper -such a pretty cream/taupe combo. I distressed the patterned paper with a Tim Holtz tool. A TE sentiment strip popped up with foam tape finished it off. Very quick and easy - I'll probably make a few more!

I was going to try using some of my 12x12 papers as Dawn (Dawn's World) did in some recent posts (here and here) but I remembered the BoBunny paper. Went for that instead this time but I'm still going to search the 12x12 papers & try that technique!

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!!


9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

ohhh that is so pretty Linda.

HilaryJane said...

Love that die, bet the glitteriness is fabulous in real life xx

Jean said...

Love the background paper choice - nicely grounds the card and allows the focus to be on the ornmanets.

Dawn T said...

What a beauty Linda. Love the gold ornaments. They look stunning. And thanks for the shout out.... I've just cut up a Christmas page so I've got 6 backgrounds ready for my Christmas cards.

Rosemary said...

Lovely Christmas card, Linda.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card. Love the sparkly glitter baubles.

Dotty Jo said...

I do love the very slight differences in the English language on either side of the pond. I read a fascinating book about it by Bill Bryson a few years ago. Love your card, Linda, it's so CAS and stylish. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x.

JoAnn said...

Pretty gold baubles Linda. Love your card.

Greta said...

That ornament die is beautiful done in gold glitter! Always good to have Christmas cards done!